PDA

View Full Version : Scared

brettbuchanan
06-30-2010, 06:50 AM
Last year was my frist bow hunting experance. I was dressed he to toe in camo. Even had my face painted.
Went to the end of the green feild. found a place sit with a lot of cover behind me. waited then here he comes. 8 pointer steaps out broadsilde 30 yrds. blood pumping i was getting ready to shoot the small 6 pointer walked out between me and the 8. dam deer. the i was going to wait for him to move. he did the dam thing almost walk on me. iwas in the crouched postion.
They moved off so when i went to stand up to get a better look. My leggs were asleep. fell flat on my butt. I have never got that close to a deer on the ground. Still no kill, but a great experance.

Spiker
06-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Yeah - things like that are why we love it so much !!!;)

Destroyer
06-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Dam straight we do!!! ;)

Its always a pale comparison to seeing hunts on a dvd or reading about it. Nothing like the real experience hey. One of the best thing about hunting is that it connects you back into nature, back into reality instead of the BS fantasy world that they want us to be in, disconnected. We are animals, not gods. :)

Skbengal
07-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Gotta love it!

FireHawk Owner
10-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Best buzz ever..

dragonsfire311
10-24-2010, 04:31 PM
welcome to bowhunting ya win some ya lose some:D

facecamo guy
09-22-2011, 02:42 PM
I get back muscle spasms but not painful just overly excited then the arrow goes and its gone fun fun ;)

HawgEnvy
09-22-2011, 02:51 PM
yup.been so close i thought i would get my but kicked by the deer if i spooked it. its awesome. thats why id rather hunt with bow than gun. i want to see the whites of there eyes

Hutch~n~Son Archery
09-22-2011, 03:00 PM
yup.been so close i thought i would get my but kicked by the deer if i spooked it. its awesome. thats why id rather hunt with bow than gun. i want to see the whites of there eyesTill it really kicks your butt.Ha! I was 2 feet from a buck that could of kicked my butt and stomped it just for laughs. Instead it bolts not even giving me a chance to give it a rifle enema.

Hutch:cool:

Money Man
09-22-2011, 06:14 PM
I see another thread was revived after sitting idle after more than a year. I guess the words "face painted" inspired camo face paint guy to respond to another thread. How about telling us a little about yourself.

polaris754
09-23-2011, 12:31 AM
welcome to the forum! been there myself several times since i started bow hunting, IT IS A RUSH ,i think its better than harvesting the deer sometimes, the experience always makes me feel, a day closer to takeing the big one when he shows up , its all about learning , and in time u will be rewarded, best part about the whole thing is u can read that sticker on the bumper , MADE IN USA when they get that close , good luc!

elkslayer4x5
09-23-2011, 05:12 AM
You know that its an old post when you see this; :D
Destroyer

And now he has 1846 posts. Chatty

bowgramp59
09-26-2011, 04:06 PM
this is what i like. look at the brush in the back ground.

Arrow Splitter
09-26-2011, 04:13 PM
yup.been so close i thought i would get my but kicked by the deer if i spooked it. its awesome. thats why id rather hunt with bow than gun. i want to see the whites of there eyes4th one Hawg!!:p:D Look at the date!!!LOL

HawgEnvy
09-26-2011, 07:29 PM
still keepin track,Brad? LOL. i was wondering how long it would take for you or dad to notice. thought i might slip by on that one. No such luck. LOL

Arrow Splitter
09-27-2011, 04:34 PM
still keepin track,Brad? LOL. i was wondering how long it would take for you or dad to notice. thought i might slip by on that one. No such luck. LOLI'm not around that much on here, so I got to get you when I can.LOL:p:cool: