PDA

View Full Version : camo cracking

POOR-SHOOTER
07-04-2010, 06:42 PM
I just got a 2009 cheetah (new) a few months ago. (2 months) As i was at a shoot today i noticed a crack in the camo where the top piece of the riser bolts to the grip area. Is a problem? One of the other shooters had the same thing on his 2009 Cheetah. What do you guys think i should do?

brettbuchanan
07-04-2010, 06:47 PM
crack in paint. does seam to go farther?

POOR-SHOOTER
07-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Crack in paint at this time. Doesn't this indicate the 2 pieces are moving?

Destroyer
07-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Its not a problem, not a crack. Just some missing paint at the join.

POOR-SHOOTER
07-05-2010, 05:47 AM
The crack was not there when i got the bow. iknow the bow riser is a 3 piece and it is bolted and has pins in it.

bfisher
07-05-2010, 02:20 PM
The crack was not there when i got the bow. iknow the bow riser is a 3 piece and it is bolted and has pins in it.

First let me welcome you to the Tech forums. Keep coming back.

As to your problem with the riser? There have been a few risers that got through the cracks (pu intended) of their quality control, but so few as to be almost not worth mentioning. Yeah right, that meks you feel a lot better being as you may have one.

Seriously, it's common to see the seam where the two pieces join, but unless you see it getting worse it's not something I would worry about. Shoot the bow. Keep an eye on it once in a while. If you notice it getting worse or picking up some noise and/or vibration have it checked. You can tell pretty much what's what just by looking at it.

If you honestly think it's a problem or becomes one then you'll be required to return to your dealer and he'll inspect it (by looking) and contact Martin customer service. Between the two of them they'll determine what action to take, but for your part it would be a warranty issue.