PDA

View Full Version : martin is not a common mans bow

billyrayscottjr
09-23-2006, 03:56 AM
i bought my martin rage pro series 5 years ago 600$ i figured this was the last year until i was going to buy a new one but 9 days before season my limb snaps.i called martin they acted really cool took it to the local martin dealer(who i hate dealing with but different story) they want 240$ dollars plus what that a** hole wants to put it all together long story short MARTIN HAS WHAT THERE LAWYERS CALL A LIMITED LIFE TIME WARRENTY WHAT THE F**K DOES THAT MEAN IM TAKING MY 300$ AND BUYING BOW TECH SOMEONE WHO WILL STAND BY THERE PRODUCT A COMMON WORKING MAN DOESNT WANT TO BUY A 600$ BOW TURN AROUND AND PUT 300$ INTO IT NOT COUNTING ALL THE GADGETS TOO BAD MARTIN GOT 5 YEARS OF GREAT WORD OF MOUTH ADVERTISEMENT NOW THEY WILL GET AS LONG AS I LIVE NEGITIVE IF I HEAR ANYONE SAY MARTIN I WILL HAVE TOO TELL THEM THAT THEY WOULD RATHER SPEND MILLIONS ON ADVERTISEMENT BUT WOUNT STAND UP FOR THE SMALL MAN.:mad:

Jack NZ
09-23-2006, 06:32 AM
They've treated me ok for around 28 years.
Maybe they just don't like you.
But then I'm not that common anyway,I'm more your average peasant,maybe that's it.

selil
09-23-2006, 09:25 PM
I've had nothing but professional wonderful superlative service from Martin these last two years. I know that doesn't represent a long time, but it does represent 6 Martin Bows. I've got seven shooters I support in my family. Other than having a big family I'm a pretty common guy who serves my community for not a lot of money.

So you ain't talking for me.

billyrayscottjr
09-24-2006, 02:56 AM
please explain this companys motto to me then yes 5 years is a long time for a bow but I DIDNT BREAK IT its never fallen out of a tree never dry fired hell i take better care of my bow then my wonderful wife I BUY A BOW FOR 600$ THERE LIMB BREAKS AND IM OUT ANOTHER 300$ NO THANKS YOU MUST BE A RICH COMMON MAN OR A LAWYER IM TAKING MY 300$ AND GOING WITH A COMPANY THAT STANDS BY THERE BOWS BOW TECH I WISH MARTIN WOULD TAKE CARE OF ME THEN YOU AND I WOULD AGREE BUT THEY WOUNT:mad:

Myk
09-24-2006, 07:06 AM
It sounds to me like your problem is with your local dealer and not Martin. Their charge for limbs seems awful high. I could imagine one of the locals here trying to do that so you would buy a new bow rather than make them fix one.
Did you point out to the dealer that it is warranty work and show your receipt?

Call Martin and tell them about your problems. I bet they will let you send it directly to them.

They sent me limbs to replace mine, they didn't even wait for mine to reach them before shipping them even though I told them it was my spare so I was in no rush and wouldn't get the cracked limbs off until the weekend.

I've seen them extend the better warranty to bows with the 5 year warranty and I've even seen them warranty used bows.

But of course if you go at them with the attitude you're displaying here you should expect them to stick to the letter of the warranty. You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

Judging from the experiences I've seen I'm thinking the few who don't get joy from Martin's service are those who call up and start reaming out the person on the phone.

Myk
09-24-2006, 07:41 AM
Wait a minute, this is you isn't it?

martin rage limb problem?
ive owned my martin for 6 years and it is by far the best bow ever!until today sept 21 10 days away from HEAVEN my limb cracked well worst then cracked it blew up how can i get this bow fixed my local bow tech dealer is gonna let me use his old bow if i promise to buy a bow tech next year I DONT WANT A BOW TECH he has me by the balls any advice?

Do you really wonder why your BOWTECH dealer wants to over charge you for limbs that should be completely free to you?
AND you're actually going to reward that crap????

Sounds to me like you're letting yourself be conned by a scam artist who sidelines as a Bowtech dealer.

Good luck making it 6 years without breaking one of their limbs.

billyrayscottjr
09-25-2006, 12:22 AM
yes same story but my local bow tech dealer cant get limbs from martin i had to take it to bobs bait and tackle hastings mi martin said when i called them the limbs were 360$ they would take half off 180$ plus bobs is high on everything when i called martin josh at the tech department was cool when i called back i shouldve waited to talk to him your right honey and flies but im in panic mode right now PLEASE HELP MARTIN GOD SOMEONE WITH FEELINGS

GaShadowcat
09-25-2006, 01:13 AM
sorry bud but martin has done nothing but good things for me. Bought my bow used and have taken it to my local martin dealer and they've always treated me right. your problem is not with martin but with other dealers. MYK is right your gettin scammed by that bowtech dude. i've had a bowtech in between my martins and i had so many problems i disasembled and throw it in the trash because i wasn't mean enought to sell it to anyone else. And i took good care of it because i couldn't afford not to. so if your switching from martin to bowtech good luck. i would suggest FredBear second best to martin to me. good luck and happy huntings.

LeEarl
10-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Just thought this should go with this post. Glad everything worked out for you.

http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?t=723

Montey Jessey
10-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Yeah dude, sounds like your dealer is just trying to hose you over something feirce. Or, Martin just doesn't like you cause they've been nothing but great to me and a bunch of others I see. :cool:

joelc
10-02-2006, 09:57 PM
I would recommend that anytime anyone ever has an issue with any Martin product the best thing to do is call the factory first. A bow that age is no longer under full warranty but it sounds like the dealer was trying to charge you full retail rather than the partial warranty price. We stand behind our product 100% and I think you will find that if you call us you will see that for yourself.

Larry
10-11-2006, 02:18 PM
I just sent my Slayer back to Martin for some upgrade. I was very impressed with the courtesy and proffesionalism displayed by everyone that I dealt with at Martin. Turn around time was great. I agree that if you have a problem with your local dealer you should contact Martin Archery directly. I bet that they will take great care of you, like they did me!!

montanacur
10-31-2006, 05:16 AM
Larry, you need a noogie. :P

He's right though. I had a problem with my bow, was a little frustrated because it was the second time I've had the problem, and then I talked to JoelC and it's all better, and an antelope is sitting in my fridge. Those guys rock.

smarpo
11-18-2006, 02:56 AM
I have a pride twin limb with fury cams,sweet. The dealer I bought it from told me the split strings didn't need waxed so after two years one broke, not Martins fault. My dealer told me to take it to Martin, they replaced the split stings and timed the cams free of charge. I also twisted the plunger body of my magna flip rest off by over tightening it, not Martins fault, they replaced it free of charge. If your dealer didn't get your problem fixed for free dump him and get a real dealer. I have a new dealer that just special ordered a bengal with nitrous cams[not a missprint] for me. I should have it next week. I will post my thoughts after I get to shoot it. I know it will be sweet.

Myk
11-18-2006, 05:47 AM
I have a new dealer that just special ordered a bengal with nitrous cams[not a missprint] for me.

You're going to have to make a special post and tell me all about that. Draw length, string lengths, cams, and most of all how it shoots.

I hope you're getting the shoot through mods for it. That would be unbelievably torque free if you did.

Wes Stigall
12-11-2006, 03:08 PM
I agree with montey havebeen shooting martins sence 1981 martins staff always considerite courtious efficient

2NThru
12-11-2006, 03:58 PM
I owned a Newberry, and with the HCA merger, their customer service apparently fell apart (this I what I read on archerytalk.com, NOT personal experience). I traded my bow for a Martin due to my c.s. concerns, and it appears that I made the right choice. I think the original poster of this thread probably has an issue with a local dealer, and should retract his complaint and close this thread...
Carter

I agree with montey havebeen shooting martins sence 1981 martins staff always considerite courtious efficient

smarpo
12-14-2006, 02:15 AM
You're going to have to make a special post and tell me all about that. Draw length, string lengths, cams, and most of all how it shoots.

I hope you're getting the shoot through mods for it. That would be unbelievably torque free if you did.
My draw length is 26" the shoot string is 53' and the split strings are 34". the cams are the c base cams with the high letoff. I didn't get the x cams I am used to the cable guide system and like it. I haven't got to shoot the bow as much as I would like but at 26" 63lbs. and a 415gr. arrow it chronoed at 250fps., with a medium bisket instead of the large like it should have had, more friction, cats whiskers 3 brass nock points and a peep without tubeing. I am set up to shoot in my basement when I can't get to the range and at about ten yards I have to shoot only one arrow at a time or I would be stacking them inside of each other. I had to buy a block target as the conventional foam target from wallmart lenghtwise,about 3 feet through, wouldn't stop the arrows. They were going all the way through and hitting the wall behind. Does this answer any of your questions?

Myk
12-14-2006, 10:38 PM
My draw length is 26" the shoot string is 53' and the split strings are 34". the cams are the c base cams with the high letoff. I didn't get the x cams I am used to the cable guide system and like it. I haven't got to shoot the bow as much as I would like but at 26" 63lbs. and a 415gr. arrow it chronoed at 250fps., with a medium bisket instead of the large like it should have had, more friction, cats whiskers 3 brass nock points and a peep without tubeing. I am set up to shoot in my basement when I can't get to the range and at about ten yards I have to shoot only one arrow at a time or I would be stacking them inside of each other. I had to buy a block target as the conventional foam target from wallmart lenghtwise,about 3 feet through, wouldn't stop the arrows. They were going all the way through and hitting the wall behind. Does this answer any of your questions?
Yep, it would be too short of a draw for me.
The problem I have with my standard Bengal set up is that it puts the arrows in the exact same spot @20yds where I do most of my shooting so even splitting up the group with 5 spots wears the targets out fast.
Thanks.

smarpo
12-15-2006, 04:58 AM
Yep, it would be too short of a draw for me.
The problem I have with my standard Bengal set up is that it puts the arrows in the exact same spot @20yds where I do most of my shooting so even splitting up the group with 5 spots wears the targets out fast.
Thanks.
Just a side note the mini mods are adjustable from 26-28" on my setup. don't know if you know this but you can change the cam size to get whatever draw length you want with the same mods, may take a different string though. Don't know that I'm as good of a shot as you but I think the bow is up to it.

Myk
12-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Just a side note the mini mods are adjustable from 26-28" on my setup. don't know if you know this but you can change the cam size to get whatever draw length you want with the same mods, may take a different string though. Don't know that I'm as good of a shot as you but I think the bow is up to it.
That's very different then. That would fit 29" with regular mods.
I may have to send Joel a PM.

smarpo
01-01-2007, 03:14 AM
[QUOTE=Myk]That's very different then. That would fit 29" with regular mods.
I may have to send Joel a PM.[/QUOTE
Myk, let me know what you find out if you send a pm to Joel. The first dealer I talked to about this said Martin wouldn't do custom setups anymore. The dealer that got the bow for me said Martin would probably start offering this option. As far as I know mine is the first and only one, I would like to know if and when others start showing up, and what the owners think of them.

eelriver
01-11-2007, 07:03 PM
I purchased my first Martin bow in 97' (Cheetha) and bought an 07' Bengal a few weeks ago. I have been very happy with both bows and the helpfulness of the Martin tech support. Kuddo's;)

mysnake12
01-26-2007, 10:56 PM
I read all the comments on this original thread, and in a nut shell...you said it yourself "I don't like the dealer/pro-shop" Hello, where do you think you went wrong first??? Don't go cutting off the arm to save the finger!!!! I personally have never had a problem with Martin Bows...apparentely you and others have had a problem...the others probably didn't come off with such strong language!! That be your first problem, second problem is trusting in someone else to take care of your bow problem without caring (That might be something Martin is interested in hearing about...and maybe cancelling there dealer outlet at that particular location and/or critizing the store for poor quality service!!) Needless to say, I believe in confidence that Martin would give me the best Warranty Service in the Werstern Hemisphere...if I ever had a problem...I have done my studying in the last couple years, and actually wasn't even aware untill most recently that Martin had a interactive web-site!!!! In reference to my studies of Martin: I find them to be the most dependable bows; least expensive and just "FLAT OUT STRAIGHT SHOOTING BOWS ON THE MARKET"...OH, Did I mention, I have never had a problem with any of my bows built by Martin...My Personal History: I have owned only a few Martin Bows compared to some, but I have owned 14 different bows and they have all worked flawlessly, even after five or six years!!!! In fact, those that I sold to others "used", are still ticking away flawlessly...and the ones I kept are still as strong and dependable as ever!!!! Get a new dealer/pro-shop...or do like I did and learn about archery and bows, it is not brain surgery....I won't trust anyone but myself to touch my bows anymore!!! And niether will my Father or my Uncle or my two personal friends, they just come to me, because I spent the time and learned about bows...they all shoot dead accurate, with flawless equipment, and never even worry anymore, because I care and follow the 10 commandments of Martin Bows(THEY ALL SHOOT MARTIN BOWS ALSO, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE BEST)!!! I mentioned Studying Martin Bows for a couple years, but I have actually been shooting Martin Bows and tuning/installing equipment on Martin Bows for a short 26 years!!!! Bottom line, if you had come into my business with that attitude...I would make sure that the door hit you in the rear on the way out!!! Good luck with your new adventure in bows...bow tech and others have their good quality's but are just a shadow of Martin Bows....I am not a salesman, just do my studying and actually after 26 years of using their equipment, probably have a darn good idea what is GREAT!!!!

stehawk
02-12-2007, 09:02 PM
i bought my martin rage pro series 5 years ago 600$ i figured this was the last year until i was going to buy a new one but 9 days before season my limb snaps.i called martin they acted really cool took it to the local martin dealer(who i hate dealing with but different story) they want 240$ dollars plus what that a** hole wants to put it all together long story short MARTIN HAS WHAT THERE LAWYERS CALL A LIMITED LIFE TIME WARRENTY WHAT THE F**K DOES THAT MEAN IM TAKING MY 300$ AND BUYING BOW TECH SOMEONE WHO WILL STAND BY THERE PRODUCT A COMMON WORKING MAN DOESNT WANT TO BUY A 600$ BOW TURN AROUND AND PUT 300$ INTO IT NOT COUNTING ALL THE GADGETS TOO BAD MARTIN GOT 5 YEARS OF GREAT WORD OF MOUTH ADVERTISEMENT NOW THEY WILL GET AS LONG AS I LIVE NEGITIVE IF I HEAR ANYONE SAY MARTIN I WILL HAVE TOO TELL THEM THAT THEY WOULD RATHER SPEND MILLIONS ON ADVERTISEMENT BUT WOUNT STAND UP FOR THE SMALL MAN.:mad:

Man someone is giving you a line of crap!!!! Martin warrants their limbs 100% for the first 10 yrs to the original owner!!! Nuff said!!!!! The only one thats not looking out for you is your dealer!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: I've have nothing but good things to say about Martin. They're a class act and stand behind their products. You need to get your story straight and get the facts!:cool:

mrstude
03-10-2007, 09:22 PM
I have read this Post and I am glad things got sorted out! I have had Martin Bows for more than 25 years. Martin has always been good to me. I have to agree with the dealer issue though. Martin is quick to send you to a local dealer. Well Martin dealers arn't growing on trees! I have one in my area who is a total joke! My advise is the same as the rest in this post. Call Martin directly. It is a shame some of the crap we as consumers have to deal with, it is refreshing to deal with a company so willing to help.
Thanks Martin for the best Bows in the world and great service !!!!