PDA

View Full Version : what is martins best finger shooting compound

ezbite
07-06-2010, 02:52 PM
ok guys, ive went back to my roots. i started shooting a martin cougar without sights and with a 3 finger tab over 25 years ago, over the years ive advanced my shooting methods as the methods have improved. sights, releases, carbon arrows, bla bla bla. a few weeks ago i took the sights and d-loop off my cheetah and got very good at hitting a 20 oz pepsi bottle. im using a 3 finger glove, not a tab because im hitting better with the glove. the tab pinches more than the glove. i even took it out and got my limit of ohio frogs last week. a few days ago i did the same thing to my firecat, off with the sight and d-loop. i can consistantly hit a paper plate at 20 yards after only a few weeks of practice. i have decided to deer hunt like this this year. i have an alien i want to keep set up because it shooting better than ever and i dont want to mess with it because it took me so long to get it this way. besides that the ata isnt much different than my firecat so im sure i'll still be getting finger pinch, which brings me to my reason for this thread. i need a recommendation for a martin bow that has a longer ata to help ease the finger pinch im getting now. i turned my cheetah down to 40 so its not too bad, but that firecat is at 60 and killing my fingers after about 16 shots. i tried putting 5 xtra nocks on the cheetah to relieve the pinch but all it did was make it sound like a bass guitar.lol. thanks for any and all replys

Robert58
07-06-2010, 03:45 PM
I shoot a Scepter II with Nitrous A cams 43-3/8 ATA. But the new Shadowcat is close because of the larger diameter cams. Finger pinch is determined by the distance from the top of the top cam to the bottom of the bottom cam at full draw not nessecerily the ATA.

Robert

bowhunter2232
07-06-2010, 03:58 PM
I shoot a new shawdowcat with fingers it was great until about 1 hr ago when the top limb broke.

Destroyer
07-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Finger pinch is determined by the distance from the top of the top cam to the bottom of the bottom cam at full draw not nessecerily the ATA.

Its all about string angles. ;)

Btw, personally find any bow under 43" ATA and regardless of the wheels to short to shoot acurately. Did you try a tab with a finger spacer? Maybe you need to chase an older bow like the Razor X Elite.

Montalaar
07-06-2010, 09:57 PM
This photo is kind of disturbing me..!

ezbite
07-06-2010, 11:17 PM

then my work here is done.lol.:eek::p

alex
07-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Do you eat them, Ezbite? I used to, but some of the frogs are endangered species here and i don't trust the people who sell them, so quit. Frogs taste like chicken, so i can live quite well without eating them anymore. :D The only thing which disturbs me is how you can hunt them with a bow. Don't you damage your arrows?

Robert58
07-07-2010, 03:18 AM
Frogs actually taste more like Rabbit.

Robert

ezbite
07-07-2010, 06:43 AM
oh yea, i eat everyone i kill. here in ohio we have plenty of frogs. were allowed 10 a day and i can get that in about an hour if i use a frog gig, with the bow it takes about 4 hours, you gotta aim at the eyes or you tear up the legs, but its much funner. believe it or not, i like them best when cooked with the orginal shake n' bake. oh and frogs taste like frogs to me :D

scepterman30x
07-07-2010, 07:49 AM

Why is that Montalaar? There ain't no better eatin. For the record to me they taste like "frog". They may taste "similar to" but they have a taste of their own.

Destroyer
07-07-2010, 08:59 PM

Almost looks like he is actually watching us from the picture........:eek:

RLW
07-08-2010, 07:07 AM
I shoot a new shawdowcat with fingers...........

If I were to get one of the current Martin bows to shoot fingers, about only choice in the compound line up now (IMO) is the Shawdowcat.
It's only 2" shorter than my '96 Martin Firecat XRG that I've shot with fingers since new, and I think the same length as the older Firecat I shot (w/fingers) before that.

Getting pretty tough to find new bows much over 40" ATA

wisecane
07-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Why is that Montalaar? There ain't no better eatin. For the record to me they taste like "frog". They may taste "similar to" but they have a taste of their own.

They are best when they are so fresh they try to jump out of the pan when you drop them in the oil, lol.

alex
07-08-2010, 10:43 AM
There ain't no better eatin.

I agree that the breaded and fried frog legs are very tasty, but i can make a list of half a dozen better meals in no time, all of them with pork :D

Montalaar
07-08-2010, 12:06 PM
chickeeeeeeeeen.....

Frog legs are a prejudice for french food here in middle europe. :D

alex
07-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Yeah, they are. My grandmother graduated a french college here in my hometown and eating frog legs is popular only here, not in the other parts of Bulgaria as far as i know.... But we've never eaten snails :D I think they won't be much of a sport for a bowhunter ;)

Montalaar
07-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Snails is a common meal in southern germany. But nothing i would prefer. Must admit that i prefer vegetables and eat meat only if i can afford it. That means when i can buy high quality meat. :)

And just btw:
I was nto scared by the frogs. ezbite just stares at us in this pic. :D

ezbite
07-08-2010, 10:47 PM
i had some deep fried and coated with panko breading tonight, YUMMY!!

oh and im leaning towards a shadowcat, anyone got a shadowcat they want to trade for a firecat tr2?

Montalaar
07-08-2010, 10:59 PM
bones removed?

They look tasty.

elkslayer4x5
07-09-2010, 06:13 AM
But we've never eaten snails :D I think they won't be much of a sport for a bowhunter ;)
Do you have a 1 yrd mark on your sight? :cool:

scepterman30x
07-09-2010, 07:56 AM
They are best when they are so fresh they try to jump out of the pan when you drop them in the oil, lol.

For those that don't know...he ain't jokin.

ezbite
07-09-2010, 08:18 AM
bones removed?

They look tasty.

bones are still in there, makes them like a chicken wing. they are very tasty. ;)

alex
07-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Ezbite, showing us this dish wasn't very polite - now i want some badly :D

alex
07-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Do you have a 1 yrd mark on your sight? :cool:

No, but i can shoot them instinctively from 2 inches :rolleyes:

ezbite
07-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Ezbite, showing us this dish wasn't very polite - now i want some badly :D

they were delicious:rolleyes:

Carlton
07-10-2010, 11:03 PM
I can shoot more as I want to shoot. I enjoy to shoot them.Bones are very tasty and delicious.

Montalaar
07-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Ban Carlton, Spambot.

bfisher
07-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Ban Carlton, Spambot.

Yes Simon, I've just got done checking his posts and see no earthly value coming from them. Certainly not on this site.