PDA

View Full Version : cam lean

Ray from Auburn
07-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Just curious, but I'd like to know. My 09 Bengal's idler wheel leans, the serving around the cam (cable & string) shows wear. I have added the CCS & STS. I have not shot this bow very much. I compare this bow to my 09 Parker Trailblazer XP which I've shot a good 1000+ times. It's idler wheel is straight and the cable/string's serving at the cam is still in excellent shape. My Parker Inferno 2010 has a ccs and sts also, and I proably have shot it several hundred times and it's idler wheel is straight and so on. I really like the martin bengal design, but to me it's become a pain. Did I just get a bad one? I don't want to give up on Martin, but.... I bought the Bengal because of what it offered. If this is something I can fix myself, removing ccs???? Please adivse.

Sagittarius
07-07-2010, 04:34 AM
Hey Ray my Bengal did the same thing when I put on the CCS. I needed to twist and/or take a few twists out of the yoke to straighten it out. If possible you want to take a few out because if you haven't changed the string the factory suggests 1/2 inch longer string for the CCS.. GOOD LUCK!!

Ray from Auburn
07-07-2010, 06:07 AM
Hey Sag, I'll do those things, I did have Gander Mtn put the longer yoke cable on, but I keep the factory string on. I'm gonna guess your's is straightened out and shooting bullets! Thanks again sir.

Sagittarius
07-07-2010, 05:04 PM
It was until my bottom limb split into three parts... Its back at bowhunters superstore being repaired...

bfisher
07-08-2010, 02:46 PM
It was until my bottom limb split into three parts... Its back at bowhunters superstore being repaired...

Sholulda sent it to me. I live only 25 miles from the place. I remember when it was Bowhunter's Warehouse and knew the original owner.

Sagittarius
07-09-2010, 05:27 AM
Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda ?? Thanks Anyway!! Hopefully there won't be a next time... But I'll sure keep the offer in mind just in case.. How's their service??

bfisher
07-09-2010, 05:47 AM
Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda ?? Thanks Anyway!! Hopefully there won't be a next time... But I'll sure keep the offer in mind just in case.. How's their service??

Don't know. Haven't been there for years. I have Kinsey's 15 miles in the opposite direction and Lancaster 20 miles farther. Besides, I have never had a bow serviced in a shop. I've always done 100 percent of my own work. That way I can't blame anybody else for a mistake.

Sagittarius
07-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Good policy.. I enjoy doing my own work on my equipment getting to know it inside and out. Helps me to feel one with the tool!! Kind of a Zen thing I guess?? I didn't have a choice Martin said I needed to send it to the place I purchased it from to get it repaired...