PDA

View Full Version : Shadowcat centershot advice

aviduser
07-08-2010, 09:45 AM
I have a left hand 2010 Shadowcat that shoots through paper fine, walk back is fine but the center shot is definitely not in line with the stabilizer... quite a bit inside. I could ignore it but it just grates on me. Arrow flight looks good so maybe I just have to buck up and left it go. Any ideas?

Montalaar
07-08-2010, 10:21 AM
I have a RH ShadowCat. I never Papertuned it as it have not reached the final draw weight. I just made some walk back tuning and got a center shot that is far off center. The arrow points far to the right (that means to the sight window on my bow).

I just ignore it as the bow is shooting fine.

SonnyThomas
07-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Just checked the one at the shop. String aligned to cam groove, arrow all aligned to the string, arrow to stablizer looks fine. Don't if you read my Posts or not, I tried lasers on both right handed Shadowcats and it ain't happenin'. The risers just are not made for lasers to mount squarely.... Laser pointed way right. Though I just eye balled in the first Shadowcat it shot bullet holes right off. The second I eye balled needed a couple of nudges and it bullet holed.

Perhaps you should try another stabilizer. Could be the stablizer threads are off or the hole in the riser not drilled straight.

I have a super nice Hoyt ProElite and the stablizer looks pointing right compared to the arrow.

Destroyer
07-08-2010, 08:56 PM
I have a left hand 2010 Shadowcat that shoots through paper fine, walk back is fine

That's all you have to worry about. If the stabilizer looks off don't worry about it. Besides, you shouldn't be looking at it while your shooting anyway. ;)

Center-shot is not the worry it use to be. With rests using no side pressure to adjust tune, it just usually changes the impact point.

aviduser
07-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks to all. The bow shoot great so it really isn't a problem...