PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Martin Bengal ATA

bigblock67camaro
07-08-2010, 01:25 PM
I just replaced the cable and string on the bow and the ATA is about a half inch longer. The string was almost exactly the length of the old string but the cable was about a 1/4 inch longer than the old one.

1. Is the 2009 bengal's ATA 32 1/4?
2. Would you first try twisting the cable or the string?
3. Is the ATA measured with the limbs bottomed out? Right now I have them all the way down and the tiller is perfect from top to bottom.

Thanks for any suggestions.

bigblock67camaro
07-08-2010, 01:27 PM
here is a picture of the new string from hmbowstrings, man this guy makes a fine string.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb291/bigblock67camaro/SDC10257.jpg

Sagittarius
07-09-2010, 05:29 AM
You should be able to go to Martin Archery and find the proper ATA and BH and adjust accordingly??

bigblock67camaro
07-09-2010, 07:15 AM
You should be able to go to Martin Archery and find the proper ATA and BH and adjust accordingly??

I did get the string and cable lenths off of martins website. Acording to the website the string is 90' and the cable 34' on a 2009 bengal.

When I pulled the factory cable off it measured 33 1/4. I haven't seen no documentation that supports that short of a cable. I twisted the new cable up as much as I could without causing cam lean and the closest I could get the ATA to the factory ATA was 32 1/2.

What will this affect being a 1/2 inch to long other than brace height?

alex
07-09-2010, 08:17 AM
If the bow has a CCS it needs a half inch longer cable. May be the stringmaker decided that you has one on your bow and sent you a longer cable? If so you can try to change it.

bigblock67camaro
07-09-2010, 08:41 AM
If the bow has a CCS it needs a half inch longer cable. May be the stringmaker decided that you has one on your bow and sent you a longer cable? If so you can try to change it.

No, he knew it didn't have a CCS. He gave me the exact length that the website says 34'. The factory cable I took off measured 33 1/4.

Spiker
07-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Strings and cables should be measured with 100lbs tension on them.
If you just measure it laying on your bench it will come up short.

Destroyer
07-09-2010, 07:47 PM
What will this affect being a 1/2 inch too long other than brace height?

It could affect your draw weight and draw length. I would twist the cable to the same length as the original if the strings are both the same and if your draw weight and draw length are off.

How are you checking the idler lean?

bigblock67camaro
07-13-2010, 04:01 AM
How are you checking the idler lean?

Visually, Myself and my girlfriend watch it when I drawback

bigblock67camaro
07-13-2010, 03:47 PM
How many posts do you need to reply to another?

Destroyer
07-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Is your draw length & draw weight right?

How many posts do you need to reply to another?

:confused:

bigblock67camaro
07-13-2010, 06:25 PM
The draw length is correct, but I don't know about the draw weight.

gibson 787
07-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Here's what I'd do.

First off, I'd take off the new string and cable, and using the Martin specs for your bow, measure them with about a 100# weight hanging off. Hopefully you will find they are both longer than the specs. If they are short, then take out twists until correct.

They will most likely be long, and in that case, simply add twists until the correct measurement is achieved. IMPORTANTLY, as mentioned by Spiker, they MUST be measured with the weight attached.

Regarding the Y yoke on the cable, check to see that the left and right ends that attach to the idler wheel, are the same length. Later on, you can add twists on either of these lengths to help correct idler lean.

When you have them right, take care not to lose any twists when putting them on your bow.

Assemble the bow and check the specs. If they are within 1/4" to 3/8", then take about 100 or so shots, then check the specs again. When you get to this stage, you're ready to do some more twisting and fine tuning.

Any problems, get back to us.

bigblock67camaro
07-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Here's what I'd do.

First off, I'd take off the new string and cable, and using the Martin specs for your bow, measure them with about a 100# weight hanging off. Hopefully you will find they are both longer than the specs. If they are short, then take out twists until correct.

They will most likely be long, and in that case, simply add twists until the correct measurement is achieved. IMPORTANTLY, as mentioned by Spiker, they MUST be measured with the weight attached.

Regarding the Y yoke on the cable, check to see that the left and right ends that attach to the idler wheel, are the same length. Later on, you can add twists on either of these lengths to help correct idler lean.

When you have them right, take care not to lose any twists when putting them on your bow.

Assemble the bow and check the specs. If they are within 1/4" to 3/8", then take about 100 or so shots, then check the specs again. When you get to this stage, you're ready to do some more twisting and fine tuning.

Any problems, get back to us.

Thanks very much

Destroyer
07-14-2010, 08:42 PM
One thing to remember. just because a chart states a measurement it doesn't make it right for your bow. If a bow arrives and the draw length, draw weight, ATA and brace height is correct, then I go by what lengths were on the bow, not the chart.

IMPORTANTLY, as mentioned by Spiker, they MUST be measured with the weight attached.

Never had to do that ever Dave, I don't think its that critical. Just put them on and twist until right. ;)

gibson 787
07-15-2010, 01:01 PM
QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Never had to do that ever Dave, I don't think its that critical. Just put them on and twist until right.
[

Maybe, but I think it's better to do it rather than not do it. Particularly if the strings are new.

polaris754
07-15-2010, 04:21 PM
um i have to ask is your girl freind watching from the front , and do u have a arrow nocked ? um it could be a accedent its a thought to ponder:rolleyes:

Destroyer
07-15-2010, 10:25 PM
QUOTE]Maybe, but I think it's better to do it rather than not do it. Particularly if the strings are new.

Maybe, too much stuffing around for me. ;)