PDA

View Full Version : arrows are hitting arrow rest

reflex269
07-10-2010, 01:19 PM
I have a Martin Bengal with a NAP 360 Capture arrow rest.I took it to the bow shop and they put a laser -eye on it the arrow rest was off so he lined everythig up I get home fletchings are stil hitting.I am shooting a LH bow the fletchings are hitting the outside arm of the rest.I guess I will take it to another pro shop if I can't get any ideas here.

ezbite
07-10-2010, 09:59 PM
ive got 2 nap 360s on my martins(cheetah and firecat). just loosen the allen on the bottom of the main support bracket connected to your riser and push the rest out away from the bow 2 lines. that should do it, if not, go another line and another line and another line until you stop getting contact. i also was having trouble with my fletching hitting the bottom foot because my arrow diameter was small(maximus 250) i removed the black plastic rest foot and drug it across 80 grit sand paper on both sides, no more contact. i love 360, i dont think they get enough praise. simple, yet effective rest. also something else to look at is, are you squeezing the bow? if your not holding that bow loose and still until the arrow clears the rest, you might be torquing/dropping the bow causing the contact.

reflex269
07-11-2010, 04:31 AM
Will that not throw everything off center

Sagittarius
07-11-2010, 06:14 AM
I had a 360 on my Bengal and I think moving the entire rest like that will change your centershot?? Have you tried turning the nock to get the fletchings to go between the brushes and rest??

SonnyThomas
07-11-2010, 06:38 AM
I am not familiar with the 360 rest - mainly because I hate brush type rests, even the Whisker Biscuit, but working at a bow shop I work with what comes to me.

The brushes should look centered within the main frame of the rest.
As said, the nock of the arrow should be turned so that there is proper clearance for the vanes.

Lasers can be a real pain, especially if the Bow Technician is inexperienced.
Lasers don't always mount squarely on the riser and if inexperienced one sets the center shot to the beam that is actually pointing somewhere out in left field.

Best way to check; Align string to top groove of wheel or cam. Keeping aligned check to see where the arrow is in relationship, it should be aligned to the aligned string/groove. If not, move rest until all in align...

reflex269
07-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the info,the brushes look even on both sides my nock is turned so the fletchings are clearing the brushes,but for some reason the arrow is kicking right and hitting the rest.So I think I'll take it to a different shop and see what they do.

Spiker
07-11-2010, 12:52 PM
What is the measurement from the bridge between the rest mount holes to the center of your arrow? Centershot...

SonnyThomas
07-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Did you try this?
Best way to check; Align string to top groove of wheel or cam. Keeping aligned check to see where the arrow is in relationship, it should be aligned to the aligned string/groove. If not, move rest until all in align.

How did the arrow look back to the string?

bfisher
07-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Maybe I missed something, but how did the shop align the rest? You said everything was lined up with a lazer, but the rest wasn't on the bow. I've used a lazer before and part of the reason for using one is to align the rest.

As Sonny said, the lazer isn't always going to work because of irregularities in the film dip or machining flaws in the riser. Also, as EZBite said, if you are gripping the bow you could be applying torque as the string is released and this could couse the bow to twist into the arrow as it is shot. This is the one problem with any of these capture type rests. They can be convenient for holding your arrow in place and they can be very accurate, but they also require the shooter to to use good form and especially the follow through.

All this being said, it could also be that you are using an improperly spined arrow. More detail about this would be helpful. Things like the bow's draw length and draw weight, arrow type and spine designation, length of the shaft, point weight, fletching and anything else you can think of.

Destroyer
07-12-2010, 03:44 AM
Things like the bow's draw length and draw weight, arrow type and spine designation, length of the shaft, point weight, fletching and anything else you can think of.

Should be a sticky with this in. Would help to answer some of the questions. :)

ezbite
07-12-2010, 03:55 AM
Will that not throw everything off center

if its hitting, id say somethings already off center. thats how i adjusted both of mine and im not having any problems with clearence. its just my suggestion to his question, if its not for you, please feel free to not do it.:cool:

reflex269
07-12-2010, 04:33 AM
I am not sure exactly how they mounted the laser ,he took the quiver mount off on added the laser,I am shooting 60lbs with a 27 "draw. Have not measured from the mount to the arrow,but i am begining to think that it may be me or the arrow.I am shooting Carbon Express Predators 4560.

Spiker
07-12-2010, 08:33 AM
What dl and dw are you shooting?
Those arrows are probably too weak of a spine if your over 28" and 58#-60#.

bfisher
07-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Nah, at 27" I'd say the arrows are spined OK. I'll bet it's something with the centershot or he's torquing the bow. Of course shooting a lighter point might make a difference.

Then there's always the possibility that he's got one of those bows like I have. Just plain untunable, but shoot like a house-a-fire. Most likely it's a hunting rig so I'd skip all the hoopla and just get to broadhead tuning as per Easton's Tuning Guide and seehow that goes just for comparison.

reflex269
07-12-2010, 04:26 PM
It must have been something with the rest ,the plastic piece that holds the arrow broke off when I was shooting for the tech. That was a new piece, the original one broke last week.

taswegian
07-13-2010, 03:50 AM
I'll ask a silly question but are you finger or release aid shooting?? Is the centreshot set for your type shooting??

reflex269
07-14-2010, 04:45 AM
I am shooting with a release.

Destroyer
07-14-2010, 08:50 PM
With a d-loop?

reflex269
07-16-2010, 03:53 PM
yes I shoot a D-loop

Destroyer
07-16-2010, 06:51 PM
I ask because some ppl shoot with the release on the string itself. You need to see if your rotating the release when you anchor, twisting the loop and getting a poor release. Not saying you are, just trying to eliminate any of the human factors.

reflex269
07-19-2010, 04:41 AM
I could be ,that was one of my thoughts is that It was just me .I have to fix or replace my rest before I can check it out.

Destroyer
07-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Bugger! I'd be looking for a new rest me thinks, if I can afford too that is. ;)

reflex269
07-22-2010, 04:25 AM
got one on order,QAD fall-away should be up and shooting by the weekend.

Destroyer
07-23-2010, 05:23 AM
Good stuff. Hopefully with no more problems. ;)