PDA

View Full Version : draw length

Unregistered
07-10-2010, 05:42 PM
I have cat 2 cams on my martin and was wondering what draw length it is set at the cam is numbered 1-7 and i am on 6 with the stop set at the + line.

bfisher
07-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Which bow is it?

cridertj
07-12-2010, 02:23 PM
it is a warthog

gibson 787
07-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Provided the bow is set to specs, or close to, you are at 29.5" DL and your DS is about right, but can be set to preference. I move mine a little forward, so that my let off is under 80%.

bfisher
07-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Ok, being as the Warthog peaks at 31" on the #7 position it should be 30.5" in the #6 position. However, never trust "what it should be". It can vary some depending on how the string/cables were twisted when put on the bow. The draw stop might not be positioned right either.

If you're having some issue with it not being right the best thing you can do, if you're capable, is to measure the brace height and A2A. Adjsut to proper specs by twisting the string/cables and get the bow to specs. Then physically measure the draw length to see what it is. If it's off some then just move the module and draw stop to get what you desire and don't worry about it. Just shoot it.

gibson 787
07-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Ok, being as the Warthog peaks at 31" on the #7 position it should be 30.5"

Barry, it depends on what modules he has, Unless specifically ordered, I think you'll find they generally provide the 30".

bfisher
07-13-2010, 06:24 AM
Ok, being as the Warthog peaks at 31" on the #7 position it should be 30.5"

Barry, it depends on what modules he has, Unless specifically ordered, I think you'll find they generally provide the 30".

Elaborate, please. So far as I know there is only one module for the Cat cams. It's a rotating module the same as used on all the Cat cam bows.

OK, never mind. I checked the website. I forgot they made a longer mod for the last inch of draw. Therefore I have to amend my figures and reduce the numbers by one inch. The rest of my post stands. I would stll set it and actually measure the end results.

Thanks for the heads-up, Gibby.