PDA

View Full Version : cheetah strings

azbowhunter
07-11-2010, 09:07 AM
I am having trouble with my new cheetah.
The string is wearing where it rolls over the idler. I have noticed in many of the pictures on the forum of other cheetah bows, the string is served in this area. Did they come that way from martin? I am wondering if mine should have, or should I simply take it somewhere and have it done. I have only had the bow a month.

Any input or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

oncechance
07-11-2010, 09:44 AM
No, the strings do not come served. I had mine served and the area where the CCS is. You can do it yourself or have a proshop do it. It doesn't cost that much to have done. I think I paid $12 to the idler wheel served and where it runs thru the CCS.

alex
07-11-2010, 09:56 AM
If i got a $ for each time this question has been asked, now i'd buy a new bow :D You must check for sharp edges on the wheel or for too much lean. If it's OK, you can serve the area for extra security. If the string is already damaged you'd best change it by the way. Good luck!

azbowhunter
07-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Thanks, I've been reading alot on the net about this, I have checked for rough edges, none found. I have followed the directions I have found for checking wheel lean and it seems to be ok, I followed instructions for checking it at rest and at full draw. I have just noticed alot of pictures on the forum of the same bow with serving where it rolls over the idler.\

Thanks.

Destroyer
07-12-2010, 03:55 AM
No, the strings do not come served.

I still can't get over this. How much does Martin save? :confused: