PDA

View Full Version : Slayer X

GA_Dave
07-22-2010, 05:49 AM
I'm very new to archery but my grown son & I are interested beginners. Anyway, I picked up a mint 08 Slayer X with 60# limbs. My son found an 06 Razor X with 60# limbs as well. My question is how far can we back off the limb bolts to reduce the draw weight? I have a bad right shoulder and some days are better than others. I've read where you can go 5 turns on most Martins - is this correct? Does it damage the bow at all to shoot with the limb bolts backed out 5 turns?

Thanks in advance for the help folks...

wisecane
07-22-2010, 05:54 AM
Five turns is fine, and Bfisher who is one of the resident Martin experts says he does six all of the time with no problems.

hotrod26
07-22-2010, 01:53 PM
I also have an 08 Slayer w/60# limbs. Yes you can take it down 5 turns with no problems. The limbs are rated 45-60#. I had surgery on my neck last year and have dropped both my Slayer and Firecat down 6 turns while I was rehabing. I would not recommend shooting it for a prolonged period at a draw weight less that 45#. I shoot both at 50# and get a complete pass through on Whitetails with the Firecat and shoot 3D with the Slayer. Love both of them!

Destroyer
07-23-2010, 05:39 AM
It won't hurt the bow but it will increase the draw length a bit, increase the brace height a bit and of course slow it down a bit.

I would go down to 50# (3 - 3 1/2 turns off bottom), shoot it for a while and see how your shoulder likes it. I personally wouldn't go under 45# unless the shoulder is really bad.