PDA

View Full Version : can somone help me please

blue zebra
07-24-2010, 05:41 AM
hi all! wow this is the first time i have ever joined a forum and im finding it a little difficult to work out. is it just me or is this site hard to navigate and find how to use it.
i joined as i use a pro series firecat xrg and would like to change the setup. i have the micro adjust yolk system, 2"32 cables on flightwheels but would like to change to cams. can i do this without too much fuss and what is a good setup furrycams z cams uni?
i really want to use the apache drop away rest from nap will this fit the pro series riser.
thanks heaps for any replies and info.

Destroyer
07-24-2010, 09:00 PM
is it just me or is this site hard to navigate and find how to use it.

You will get use to it, pretty standard forum.

can i do this without too much fuss

Lots of fuss probably, unless some here has done it before.

i really want to use the apache drop away rest from nap will this fit the pro series riser.

Not sure but its a containment rest that looks pretty wide, you might have trouble with your riser depending on how much cut out it has.

blue zebra
07-26-2010, 04:36 AM
Lots of fuss probably, unless some here has done it before.

thanks for your feedback destroyer
i've looked at the martin archery websight and the limbs and risers they currently feature are still the same design as i have. martin offers three cam options with the xrg limbs furry, z cam or flightwheels (what i have) so im assuming at this stage that i should be able to change the setup, albeit new cables and string as well! i will contact martin support, find out what they say. i bought my bow secondhand so i dont know what year it is. i was aware of my draw lenth and the bow matched so i got it. only cost me $65. it is in good cond. it has a camo finnish, not the current realtree or advantage types that are popular, its brown and beige on black. like a military disruptive camo.

ive also checked out other setups(not martin) using the apache rest on the net. it looks to me that the containment sits just behind the shelf and it does have a fair bit of horizontal adjustment, so i should be ok. again ill ask someone from martin.

anyhow just as long as im not restricted to using only martin products. most of you guys have other stuff on your different martin models so im keeping my fingers crossed and keep you all posted

Destroyer
07-26-2010, 06:45 AM
it has a camo finnish, not the current realtree or advantage types that are popular, its brown and beige on black. like a military disruptive camo.

Could be a early 90's bow.

only cost me $65

Usually go for more than that on eBay. Cheap buy.

im keeping my fingers crossed and keep you all posted

Good stuff.

Montalaar
07-26-2010, 07:01 AM
Your Firecat is from the mid 90s, maybe even mid 80s.

I would not recommend to use it but it is your decision. The bow might utilize steel cables and strings instead of the modern synthetic materials. Those steel cables are dangerous as hell when they break. You may be able to convert it to modern strings and cables but better call Martin tech support for detailed information.

The Cams you are talking about are not longer sold. Hell, they are way outdated. Your bow can not be equipped with the newer Cams as your limbs will not be able to handle the stress they put on them. Your limbs might look the same as the newer ones but they are different.

Spiker
07-26-2010, 08:01 AM
Your Firecat is from the mid 90s, maybe even mid 80s.

I would not recommend to use it but it is your decision. The bow might utilize steel cables and strings instead of the modern synthetic materials. Those steel cables are dangerous as hell when they break. You may be able to convert it to modern strings and cables but better call Martin tech support for detailed information.

The Cams you are talking about are not longer sold. Hell, they are way outdated. Your bow can not be equipped with the newer Cams as your limbs will not be able to handle the stress they put on them. Your limbs might look the same as the newer ones but they are different.

Yeah - good chance your limbs are wood.

Destroyer
07-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Wood limbs will be much thicker in the limb pocket area. Can you post a picture blue zebra?

blue zebra
07-28-2010, 06:23 AM
Wood limbs will be much thicker in the limb pocket area. Can you post a picture blue zebra?

will post photos soon, keep an eye out. thanks for your interest:)

Destroyer
07-28-2010, 05:16 PM
No probs. If you need help posting an image just ask. :)