PDA

View Full Version : Less time in next few weeks

Montalaar
07-25-2010, 07:28 AM
Hey folks and friends.

In a time when Barry and Alex are leaving i tried to convinve myself that additional time on this forum might be necessary. Although i see that there is much information provided from many users here and the forum ist running great i thought it might be just a good addition.

I must admin that i cannot invest that time at this moment. Furthermore i am not sure if you have seen the pics about the catastrophy in Duisburg, germany. I attended the event and got lucky as i passed this ramp/tunnel just 30 mins before. For all that lack information:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10752222

In the next few weeks i will spend less time here so i can invest more time to my own studies.

In commemoration to 19 dead humans from all over the world.

Ehunter
07-25-2010, 08:19 AM
Montalaar, best of luck in your studies. And on behalf of everyone here, I thank you for the input and help you have given! Take care!

Spiker
07-25-2010, 09:49 AM
So glad to hear that you are well.!
I just read about that in the papers here and my first thought was if you were there.
Take care!

Destroyer
07-25-2010, 10:21 PM
In the next few weeks i will spend less time here so i can invest more time to my own studies.

Studies are way more important. If we get stuck or miss something hopefully you can still help out. :)

scepterman30x
07-26-2010, 04:47 AM
Hey folks and friends.

In a time when Barry and Alex are leaving i tried to convinve myself that additional time on this forum might be necessary. Although i see that there is much information provided from many users here and the forum ist running great i thought it might be just a good addition.

I must admin that i cannot invest that time at this moment. Furthermore i am not sure if you have seen the pics about the catastrophy in Duisburg, germany. I attended the event and got lucky as i passed this ramp/tunnel just 30 mins before. For all that lack information:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10752222

In commemoration to 19 dead humans from all over the world.

Just one question. What was the reason for the stampede in the first place?

Montalaar
07-26-2010, 05:03 AM
Nobody knows.
14 people fell to death while they were climbing. I am not sure how the other 5 died.

There is a very right-wing extremist woman in germany called "Eva Hermann". She said that '[...] the Loveparade is a event consiting of drugs and sex. God wanted to show that this is not allowed. Those 19 people died to prove that.'

I remain stunned.

Destroyer
07-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Stunned? Because this Eva is off her med's or that the media publishes it? ;)

Montalaar
07-26-2010, 07:06 AM
I assume both.

scepterman30x
07-26-2010, 07:19 AM
Nobody knows.
14 people fell to death while they were climbing. I am not sure how the other 5 died.

There is a very right-wing extremist woman in germany called "Eva Hermann". She said that '[...] the Loveparade is a event consiting of drugs and sex. God wanted to show that this is not allowed. Those 19 people died to prove that.'

I remain stunned.

I just hope the people have a level head about them. There used to be another extremist in Germany in the thirties and forties that started WW2. Once one (an extremist) gets a foothold it can spread like wildfire...especially for those that are more disenfranchised.

Spiker
07-26-2010, 07:58 AM
I thought the LoveParade was about peace and music...

Montalaar
07-26-2010, 01:31 PM
The Loveparade was about peace and music. There will be no Loveparade in the future.

Scepterman,
i am pretty sure that most people here learned from the history. Maybe more than some other countries.

scepterman30x
07-26-2010, 05:55 PM
The Loveparade was about peace and music. There will be no Loveparade in the future.

Scepterman,
i am pretty sure that most people here learned from the history. Maybe more than some other countries.

This is true but remember the old adage that states "that history has a way of repeating itself". It's a shame there won't be one in the future. I'm sure that if the people voice their desire loud enough it may return again. Good luck wih your studies. Don't be gone to long.

Montalaar
07-28-2010, 12:08 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs220.snc4/39322_1577473957025_1240916519_31625270_5674239_n. jpg

Some minutes before the stampede. This is in the direction of the shorter tunnel. The longer (200m) is behind me.

Spiker
07-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Oh man.!.!.! That looks like disaster waiting to strike.
Did they have anyone regulating the flow thru those tunnels?

Montalaar
07-28-2010, 12:53 PM
There were 20 Gates on both sides. All of them were opened. The situation at the gates was even worse.

Spiker
07-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Ridiculous. And so tragic.!

Destroyer
07-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Idiocy. :(

Montalaar
07-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Tomorrow morning will a remembrance service take place. If you are religious you may want to send prayers to the survining members of the families that lost their child but also to those that lost friends or just participated.

The service will take place at 11 am Middle European Time (GMT+1, +1 for daylight saving time). If you are interested and cannot sleep (i know that this is somewhere at night for you) have a look at http://programm.daserste.de/pages/programm/detail.aspx?id=BFB48A10C278D33CEB13AE8FFE5147AC (click on "Live in der Mediathek" and a new window will pop up)

Montalaar
08-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Going to Sweden for a week or so. So do not expect answer from me.

If i will ever log in... I could not resist my addiction to read and help problems here. Again. 0o

Weird.