PDA

View Full Version : Center Shot Adapter For Marttin Jaguar

Unregistered
07-27-2010, 06:55 AM
Hi,

I have an older Jaguar. I Bought it back in 1998. Anyway last year I put one of the Rip Cord drop-away arrow rests on it. The problem I am having that there is no vertical adjustment on the bow for the center shot. I can adjust it left to right but not up and down. That being said, I adjusted the center shot for the ripcord rest but then when the arrow rest flips down it bangs into the riser and the riser prevents the ripcord rest from flipping down flat. When the rest is fully released it sticks up on about a 5 degree angle. Now since this was a last minute situation I did not have time to go back out and look for new rest and sight it in so my dad being a tool and die maker milled out two slots about a 1/4" deep in the riser to accommodate the rest. Now talking to an archery shop,they told me that Martin makes a "Center Shot" adapter just for this reason but I would have to get it though Martin. I have searched online and looked through their catalog but so far I haven't seen anything like this. Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

Thanks

Destroyer
07-27-2010, 08:31 PM
I thought that ripcords have vertical adjustment? Don't know about a center shot adapter. Maybe you could get your dad to make a simple bracket to raise the rest up high enough not to touch the riser. Otherwise I would be looking for a new rest.