PDA

View Full Version : should my firehawk have this much noise

firehawk2010
07-29-2010, 10:51 AM
i have a new firehawk it has a big thunk after i shoot, and it has a stock suppressor, is there an additional suppressor that will fit towards the top of the bow to quite her down a bit? thanx:confused:

Destroyer
07-29-2010, 09:49 PM
If the noise is just normal bow noise then you could buy a stabilizer like the Sims LimbSaver X-Coil that will screw into the front hole below the grip. They work really well. There are limits to how quiet you can make a bow shoot though.

Sagittarius
07-30-2010, 05:21 AM
You can try to put some leeches on the cables and whiskers on the string. I did a few sound tests some time back and this was the best combo on my 09 Bengal... Also how light is your arrow?? A heavier arrow tends to quite it down some too....

Destroyer
07-30-2010, 07:26 AM
is there an additional suppressor that will fit towards the top of the bow

Just a thought, like the Bear Archery bow's have? then no. Can you give a bit more detail about your setup. 'Big thunk' really isn't much to go by. ;)

fxdwgkd
07-30-2010, 08:45 AM
Was just shooting mine last night and I thought it seemed louder than normal. Two shots later the lower limb snapped in two. Mine is an 09. Not trying to scare you but check it over good.