PDA

View Full Version : Martin Razor

uthmanscott
08-03-2010, 10:02 AM
I've got a guy that's interested in selling a Martin Razor in factory Realtree camo. The problem is I don't know much about the bow and haven't found much info about it online. Also is there a Razor or just Razor X? I've always shot another manufacturers bow. Any help will be appreciated...ie value, etc... My dad bought a Martin Cheetah last year and it seems like a great bow.

Montalaar
08-03-2010, 12:04 PM
The Razor-X is a wonderful bow. I own two of them myself. Very stable and nice to shoot. It is not up to date in means of speed but the higher BH makes it much more forgiving than most of the newer bows.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-03-2010, 12:34 PM
I've got a guy that's interested in selling a Martin Razor in factory Realtree camo. The problem is I don't know much about the bow and haven't found much info about it online. Also is there a Razor or just Razor X? I've always shot another manufacturers bow. Any help will be appreciated...ie value, etc... My dad bought a Martin Cheetah last year and it seems like a great bow.

The Razor X was made from 2004-2006. There is no Razor, just the Razor X.
To find out the year of the bow, just look at the first two numbers on the serial number, which should be on the limb sticker. Now I probably can get the specs on that bow, but I would need to know the year, and what cam is on it. If you could post a picture, I probably could identify the cam.

uthmanscott
08-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Here's what he gave me on the model or Bow # 0430547 He also said it's an SE model. Any idea on what this thing is worth? He's wanting to do some horse trading and I don't want to get the short end of the stick.

uthmanscott
08-03-2010, 07:35 PM
any details would be greatly appreciated

Montalaar
08-03-2010, 10:51 PM
That looks like a Razor-X with 16" limbs and a Tru-Arc+ Cam. Those Cams were the first try from Martin to produce kind of a binary/slaved Cam. They experienced some problems with the design and did not further continue it.

GA_Dave
08-04-2010, 03:30 AM
I have an 06 RazorX with Nitrous cams and it's much fun to shoot. The long ATA actually makes this one a decent finger shooter as well...

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-04-2010, 04:42 AM
Here's your specs:
2004 Martin Razor X Tru-Arc SE
IBO speed: 285 fps
Axel to Axel length: 35 in.
Bow mass: 4.38 lbs.
Brace Height: 8.88 in.
Let Off: 65/75%
This bow was available in draw weight from 30-70# and draw lengths from 27" to 31". The typical retail price was from $400 to $499.

I have to say that the brace height is excellent, and also the bow doesn't weight very much, which is another plus. Also, from what I can see, it's got some very good extras on it.

uthmanscott
08-04-2010, 06:47 AM
Thanks guys for all the help. I'm real interested in the bow, but I'll be into for about $350 - 400 with it's current set-up and that just seems kind of high. Any thoughts on that price? Thanks

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-04-2010, 07:14 AM
Thanks guys for all the help. I'm real interested in the bow, but I'll be into for about $350 - 400 with it's current set-up and that just seems kind of high. Any thoughts on that price? Thanks

I personally wouldn't pay higher than $350, but you have to take into consideration the facts: 1. It's a fairly rare bow, 2. It doesn't have cheap accessories on it.

So in conclusion, I would say that it's probably worth the price.:cool:

uthmanscott
08-04-2010, 07:26 AM
Thanks...I noticed the ibo at 285...is this at 70# because this is a 45-60# bow. What is the most #age, in your opinion, that I can get these limbs up too? Thanks again

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Yes, I believe it's tested with 70# limbs. A lot of bows will say a certain max poundage, but you'll find that the actual max is usually around 2-3 lbs. over. I wouldn't try for any more than that.
Don't worry about speed, either. Whether you hunt or target shoot, the speed that bow will do at 60 lbs. (or 63#) will certainly be fine.:cool:

elkslayer4x5
08-05-2010, 06:46 AM
I don't really want to be the only negitive responce, but let me say, $350 is pretty high for a 6 year old bow in todays economy. Just take a look at ArcheryTalk Classifieds. $350 buys a lot of bow right now. ;)

uthmanscott
08-06-2010, 01:56 PM
I thought so too, but since I was trading it seemed fair. I was into my trade for $400. He gave me the bow, vital gear kaz away rest, sts, cobra single pin, rage broadheads,arrows, hard and soft case, new tru-fire edge foldback release and $100. I was cool with that so I did and it is a great shooting bow...real quiet. Thanks