PDA

View Full Version : Martin cheetah

Tore
08-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Hi i bought a martin cheetah bow brand new and i was testshooting it for the first time today and after 5 shots the bow was broken.

I loock on the bow an trying to figure out what vent wrong.

i think the string snaped it looks that way and the result was the limb broke and the idler wheel was ripped from the limb.

Here is some pic

http://i35.tinypic.com/30ljf48.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/11azrc2.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/2z8508p.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/27xjk1k.jpg

Is there some one that who had the same experience?
and this is a warrenty case?

Thanks for all help.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-03-2010, 02:34 PM
That's too bad. I hope you weren't hit by it. The good news is that Martin does cover that under warranty as far as I know. Just bring the bow to your nearest Martin dealer and you should be taken care of. Hopefully you won't have an experience like that again!

Tore
08-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Ok thats goog that the warrenty is covering the damage.
Can i go to any martin dealer and get it fixed/get a new one?

There was no injury on me, but it scared the crap out of me verry loud noice.

i purchase the bow on ebay from a dealer in ohio and i live in norway so i hope that i dont need to send it too ohio and wait for a second one.
Thats a long wait.

Thanks for answers.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-03-2010, 03:17 PM
No, you shouldn't have to send it back, as any Martin dealer should be able to take care of you.

Destroyer
08-03-2010, 04:56 PM
That is nasty! Hope the warranty claim goes well for you.

bfisher
08-03-2010, 07:08 PM
You don't say where you are located in Norway, but if you click on the "dealer locator" on Martin's website it'll give you the name and such for two dealers in your country. Hopefully it's not too far for you to travel.

As the others have stated, Martin is very good with warranty service. The only thing they request is that you have the damage assessed by a dealer and have him order the necessary parts.

Tore
08-04-2010, 02:32 AM
Ok thats good thanks for the help.

Im havin a nother question when im finished shooting my bow do i need to distention the bow? But when i got it last week and take it out of the box the tention on the bow was pre set to 60 pound tention is this normal?

Montalaar
08-04-2010, 03:18 AM
Yes, it is the standard on all Compound bows. Unlike Recurve bows you do not need to remove the string or at least some tension when not using the bow.

Tore
08-04-2010, 05:12 AM
Funny the manual dosent say that you need to take off some tension on the bow.
Is it enough to turn the limb bolt far out is this enough?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-04-2010, 05:18 AM
Funny the manual dosent say that you need to take off some tension on the bow.
Is it enough to turn the limb bolt far out is this enough?

Just like Montalaar said, you do not have to remove tension from the bow when you aren't using it.

Destroyer
08-04-2010, 06:22 AM
the bow was pre set to 60 pound tension is this normal?

Answer:

Yes, it is the standard on all Compound bows.

Little bit of confusion. :)

Sagittarius
08-04-2010, 06:41 AM
That limb looks almost exactly the way my lower limb did when it split. My string was only badly frayed though?? I finally got mine back from BH Superstore, they sent it to Martin and they replaced everything but the riser. They even touched up the paint on that .... I'm impressed and it sounded as if my rep at BH-S was too....

THANK YOU MARTIN!!!!!!!!!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-04-2010, 07:16 AM
That limb looks almost exactly the way my lower limb did when it split. My string was only badly frayed though?? I finally got mine back from BH Superstore, they sent it to Martin and they replaced everything but the riser. They even touched up the paint on that .... I'm impressed and it sounded as if my rep at BH-S was too....

THANK YOU MARTIN!!!!!!!!!

Tore believes that the string broke, so that's why there is so much damage.

Tore
08-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Oh i miss understand. Thanks for the help

Bowhunter_IL_BT
08-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Tore believes that the string broke, so that's why there is so much damage.

Unless you buy a high end Martin bow, its wise to get a custom string on the bow. I heard that Gold series Martin bows do not have the best strings. I got one through H&M bowstrings and its doing very well. Also a custom string allows you to put a tubeless peep site on unlike the regular strings. Winnerschoice and rocky mountain make good strings as well.

It looked like from the pic that the string may have broken near the cam and the pressure of that made the limb crack.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-06-2010, 06:23 AM
Unless you buy a high end Martin bow, its wise to get a custom string on the bow. I heard that Gold series Martin bows do not have the best strings. I got one through H&M bowstrings and its doing very well. Also a custom string allows you to put a tubeless peep site on unlike the regular strings. Winnerschoice and rocky mountain make good strings as well.

It looked like from the pic that the string may have broken near the cam and the pressure of that made the limb crack.

I agree 100%. We at Hutch~n~Son Archery LLC make custom bowstrings, and we have them on all of our bows as well.:cool: