PDA

View Full Version : ShadowCat 2010 Cat2 cams

Walt Hagemeister
08-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Getting ready for yet another exciting hunting season her in eastern Washington. I am still working out the kinks in my new bow for this season. I am not that up to date on the specs of bows but I had mine made for my long 34 inch draw length. Now I have switched to a drop away rest because the biscuit was tossing the arrows around and it was highly inaccurate. Since then I also went to a single pin sight that I absolutely love. Now my groups are tight again. Had it checked for cam timing and found it to be slightly off and now the bow is much more quiet. My bow is set at 70# at 33.5DL and I am running 460grain arrows. My speed chronograph-ed out at 287fps. Basically about 85 ftlbs kinetic E. I was sticking groups with my Moab last year at 50 yds in a volleyball size group with only 265 fps. I hope with the practice I do that I will get the same at 70 yards with my new ShadowCat set up.

Interested to hear others tips and advice on getting the SC popping the s###t out of targets or live game with pinpoint accuracy.:)

Destroyer
08-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Practice, practice, practice. ;)