PDA

View Full Version : Pantera 07 and Acutrack?

Illyan
08-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi all Martin user^^

After a discussion with a friend, i had an idea: Can i put a Acutrack Cam on my Pantera 2007...and if it's possible, how to determine correct cable and string lenght?

Destroyer
08-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Thought you were happy with you 'tera? I could see a speed benefit going to m2-pro's but to Acutrack's? Are they any faster, better, smoother?

Illyan
08-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Yes i'm happy with it...love the riser of 07 (10 look good, but have short shooting window)...

I'm thinking to change for gain 10 fps and more smooth draw...and a modern version of the cam...but with the price of the cam, maybe it's a bad deal...

Don't want NOS cam or Other, love one cam

Destroyer
08-08-2010, 12:16 AM
If you love the riser why not? Would be an interesting conversion. What would it cost? Less than a new bow?

Thought about doing it myself.

Montalaar
08-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Too bad.

I could sell you a NOS-Cam. ^_^

Probably it would cost as much as a new bow. The Acutrak-Cams are designed for the narrow limbs. This might be no problem as you could use some more Spacer/Washer. But you need a new Cam and the fitting Idler, a String and the Cables (and we do not know the correct length. Possible that you have to order it twice). I do not know what an Acutrak-Cam will cost but the older Dyna-Cam is still at 70. Cam only.

And i am not sure if this Cam will give you more Speed. In my experience the Dynacam is the fastest of all Singlecams made by Martin. It has the harshest draw cycle, too.

Illyan
08-08-2010, 01:53 AM
Too bad.

I could sell you a NOS-Cam. ^_^

Probably it would cost as much as a new bow. The Acutrak-Cams are designed for the narrow limbs. This might be no problem as you could use some more Spacer/Washer. But you need a new Cam and the fitting Idler, a String and the Cables (and we do not know the correct length. Possible that you have to order it twice). I do not know what an Acutrak-Cam will cost but the older Dyna-Cam is still at 70. Cam only.

And i am not sure if this Cam will give you more Speed. In my experience the Dynacam is the fastest of all Singlecams made by Martin. It has the harshest draw cycle, too.

How Many for NOS cam?? Even if One Cam has my preference, it could be interesting (but just for information, i don't have budget for upgrade anything)

Montalaar
08-08-2010, 02:12 AM
100 + shipping.
125 + shipping and string/cables included. Unfortunately i can only offer red, blue or red/blue strings. ^^

The only problem is that i have C-Cams only. I am not sure what your DL is but the M-Pro should give you a draw of 25 - 30" while the NOS C-Cam might make it a bit longer.

Illyan
08-08-2010, 02:40 AM
It's may be interesting deal...unfortunately, i can't upgrade my bow until next year...

I keep info under my shoulder, my DL is 29" with F6 Mod on my M-Pro

Montalaar
08-08-2010, 02:47 AM
That should be possible.

I keep the NOS-Cams here. So if you are interested you can shoot me a pm anytime.