PDA

View Full Version : FireCat TR2 arrow ?'s

Stryker_FO
08-06-2010, 01:55 PM
I just got back into Archery after 16 years in the Army and I

started at 13 with a *cough* PSE *cough* but a year later switched to a
Martin Lynx then moved up to a Firecat in the late 80's early 90's I shot for over 10 years

I just got a Firecat TR2 and was wondering which arrows seem to fly the best out of this bow. Or is it personnal preference I am wondering whether going high end Carbon Arrows or trusty old XX75's any feedback is appreciated.

Not alot of people that I have found up here where I live that I know, shoot Martin but I am one of the Faithfull followers from the past lol.

Thank you for all your input in advance and I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things soon so I can hit the Fall Caribou hunt once I complete the Certification AK requires.

Sagittarius
08-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Stryker welcome back, will you be hunting??? Competitive shooting ??? Or just plinking around ??? IMO I don't really think you need to spend to much $$ on arrows.. Unless you are planning to shoot competitive. I've shot Easton aluminum when I got back 2 yrs ago now I shoot Blackhawk Vapor Pro.. I just recently purchased Gold Tip Extreme Hunters @ Trophy Whitetail Supply for $51.99 1doz. They are usually $70.00 (good price) I did a little research and everyone spoke highly of these lesser expensive carbons...

Oh and by the way I think I speak for everyone here,

THANK YOU !!!!!!

Destroyer
08-06-2010, 08:39 PM
high end Carbon Arrows or trusty old XX75's

If you already have some old alloy's and they shoot ok from the new bow then why not. Alloy's are quieter, heavier so the bow will last longer and they are nicer to work with. Even if they don't come out good enough you can always put 5" feathers helical, that will straighten them out. ;)

Buying new shafts? Then this is a different matter. Personally I don't like shafts over 23** whatever, like shooting broom handles, and this limits the spine @ draw weight. My Pantera @ 70# won't handle 2315's so I'm using carbons, at 60# it might but that's a different story. So spine might be a problem for you depending on draw weight.

High end carbons? Nice but I can't afford them atm. Kinda happy with my Powerflight's and Goldtip Expeditions. They shoot well enough for my hunting.

Stryker_FO
08-07-2010, 03:19 PM
thanx for the input much appreciated and I cant wait to start shooting my bow I have to wait for the inserts on the arrows to set now.

I ended up getting due to lack of selection at the 1 store I went to without going to the other 2 due to kids acting up after 2 1/2 hours getting my bow setup and test fired... it does shoot nice I gotta say that..

I got the Easton FMJ Carbons hopefuilly they will shoot sweet out of this bow.

I will be this year only Target and Caribou hunting and possibly moose if I can get out during that time depends on when I find a job and the schedule that it holds for me..

Next Year I plan on attending local shoots and maybe even traveling to South West Alaska to a shoot or 2 but in that time will tell.

I am super excited to be back into the Sport and luckily I have the property space to shoot out to 40 yds and winter out to 20 yds indoors heated.

Sagittarius
08-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Good luck stryker... hope you picked up a heavy arrow for those moose??? I'm sure those Eastons will do you fine.. Just make sure you paper tune them W/ the field tips and your broadheads.

polaris754
08-07-2010, 04:18 PM
u cant go wrong with gold tips , great arrows :D

Destroyer
08-07-2010, 11:41 PM
and winter out to 20 yds indoors heated.

Talk about cushy! :D