PDA

View Full Version : I'm back

flytier17
08-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Hey guys,

Its been a while since I have been on here. I have been too busy; had to put archery on the back burner for a while. Now however, I am ready to start up again.

So, you guys can expect to see me back here more and more.

I'm getting my Slayer ready to hunt. it is set up the way I want it, but I need to order new strings and more Easton FMJ's.

Not sure what to fletch them with. I was thinking of Aerovanes, but they work best with really fast setups, and my bow is shooting the FMJ's at 260fps. I was thinking of the FlexFletch Flash vanes. They are like Blazer's, but better quality, and a slightly rounder profile.

Alec

Montalaar
08-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Alec!

It is so nice to meet you again! Welcome back in the family. :)

bfisher
08-07-2010, 01:35 PM
I guess you have been busy with school. If so you have your priorities straight. Nice to see you back Alec.

flytier17
08-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Yep, work and school. I am still working fulltime, and will be starting school ASAP. However, I will find more time to do archery.

I was pleasently surprised at the retention of muscle memory I had. i haven't shot since last November. I drew my bow again last week, and it all came back. I was shooting tighter groups than i expected; but I can still use a lot of practice before I get back to where I was.

Alec

bfisher
08-08-2010, 04:58 PM
I have found over the years that sometimes it pays to take some time off. The muscle memory will always be there if you shoot decent form in the first place. What the time off accomplishes is letting your mind clear out some of the tension and little bad habits you might have picked up. Now it's not quite like starting over, but with some mental tension gone you will probably have less expectations of perfectness and shoot more for fun. And this often helps you shoot better. Good luck.

Destroyer
08-08-2010, 09:25 PM
I take time off when I start getting the shits with it. Love archery but sometimes it gets too much. Coming back I'm always more focused, more passionate.

The muscle memory is quite amazing really. :)

elkslayer4x5
08-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Hey guys,

I was thinking of the FlexFletch Flash vanes. They are like Blazer's, but better quality, and a slightly rounder profile.

Alec
Glad to see you back on the board. Will the FF Flash vanes stabilize fixed broadheads on an arrow traveling 300fps or more? It was guite a chore getting Muzzy 3 blades to fly right out of my 60# Slayer. Again, wellcome back.

Montalaar
08-10-2010, 07:15 AM
I am just happy with my mini Blazer vanes. They work also with BH. :)

flytier17
08-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Glad to see you back on the board. Will the FF Flash vanes stabilize fixed broadheads on an arrow traveling 300fps or more? It was guite a chore getting Muzzy 3 blades to fly right out of my 60# Slayer. Again, wellcome back.

Blazers controlled my Slick Tricks just fine. Since these perform like Blazers, I don't forsee a problem. Guess I'll just have to find out then.

penghan
08-11-2010, 06:43 PM
welcome!:D