PDA

View Full Version : STS and CCS making my upper limb twist and wheel not straight

kurtis
08-07-2010, 08:40 PM
I have a 2009 martin cheetah super mag and just put the STS and CCS systems on my bow. I noticed after this the CCS is pulling my string back and to the right like its designed to do, but its making my upper limb torque or twist to one side sightly and also pulling my idler wheel off center so it looks a little crooked? I'm worried after shooting for some time the string will get damaged from rubbing on the idler wheel cause its not centered any more? Any suggestions or fixes? Also my bow has the 5L limbs and it says on the specs that my bow is supposed to have 5H limbs.????

Destroyer
08-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Any suggestions or fixes?

Put the original cable guard back on? :D

Seriously, I haven't got a bow with CCS on, I don't like the idea of them much. Maybe some here that who has done a conversion can help. I don't like the sound of the limb twist at all. Perhaps that is why they don't come with them as standard. :confused:

Also my bow has the 5L limbs and it says on the specs that my bow is supposed to have 5H limbs.????

Is/was the Draw weight correct?

Montalaar
08-08-2010, 01:25 AM
Any suggestions or fixes? Also my bow has the 5L limbs and it says on the specs that my bow is supposed to have 5H limbs.????

I am sorry that i cannot help with the CCS. I have zero experience with it.
5L-limbs on a bow with CCS will give you a slightly higher draw weight as a 5H-limb on a bow with the standard slide. I am note sure if your bow should have 5H-limbs with the standard slide. Reason is that the CCS changes how the cable behaves during the shot. It will put more pressure on the the whole system as it is not moving. Cables on a bow with CCS are 0.5" longer than without but this will not remove the whole effect.

Sagittarius
08-08-2010, 07:14 AM
I didn't have limb twist as much as a idler cam tilt, which is probably the same thing? I did need to put a few more twists in my left yolk cable about 4 I think to square things up properly.... I have a stock string on my Bengal and will put a 1/2" longer one on after this hunting season... I would suggest if you do keep that ccs on you do the same.

Sagittarius
08-09-2010, 03:45 AM
Hey Kurtis I said the left side I had a brain fart I meant to say the right side...

Spiker
08-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Yes - you need to correct the lean by twisting or untwisting one side of the yolk to get it straight.

elkslayer4x5
08-09-2010, 09:03 AM
But would'nt you have less wear on the string if your idler was cant'ed slightly towards the cable slide, especially on short AtA bows. :confused:

bfisher
08-09-2010, 10:38 AM
But would'nt you have less wear on the string if your idler was cant'ed slightly towards the cable slide, especially on short AtA bows. :confused:

Goood suggestion. Although it would be nice to be able to have the string tracking straight off the idler this can cause some chafing on the back side as it travels to the cable slide/rollers. In such cases you just may have to live with a little bit of lean just for the longevity of the string. And the shorter the bow the more exaggerated this string angle becomes. Thus, just another reason I have very little use for short A2A bows.

archery82
08-12-2010, 06:15 PM
I have an account now so my display name changed. thanks for all the suggestions, I contacted the martin tech's and they said the same thing; to add or subtract twist on one of my Y cables:p:p