PDA

View Full Version : Cat Cam modules

Ehunter
08-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Tinkering with my bow today, I noticed I had made a mistake. I had one module set on the "6" setting, and one on the "4". The thing was shooting like a dream, but kinda made me nervous with the modules not being equal. I switched them both back to "5". Anything I could have damaged shooting it uneven like that? One other thing, for some reason, it shot alot quieter with the modules different. Anyone think of a reason? Now, back on "5", the bow is shooting to the same spot it was when the modules were different. Staying in a 6 inch circle at 70 yards without moving my sight pins. Thanks to all!

Montalaar
08-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Which module was set to #6? If the bottom module was on number six the draw stop would have prevent that you can draw it further. I am not sure if the misfit in modules would have influenced a non perfect tuning or tiller.

Ehunter
08-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Montalaar. It was the upper cam that was set to 6. For whatever reason, the bow did paper tune perfectly from 4-6 feet. Checked it again at 10 yards, still the same. Think I'll retune it just to make sure it's still shooting the same now that I have changed it to the correct settings. Still curious as to why it was quieter before though. Kinda of a metallic "clank" now, and EVERY bolt has been checked and tightened. Almost sounds like one of the modules is making the noise. Might try making a very thin shim, and seeing if that helps. Thanks again!

Destroyer
08-10-2010, 05:06 PM
I am not sure if the misfit in modules would have influenced a non perfect tuning or tiller.

Could be. I keep forgetting about tiller. :)

SonnyThomas
08-11-2010, 10:00 AM
You know it depends on how the positive draw stop was set. If set to the top cam, the string laying flat in the groove as it should.

Ehunter
08-12-2010, 02:48 PM
My tiller measurement was never even, but only off by 1/16th inch.