PDA

View Full Version : Cat cam adjustment...one more time

baerman
08-10-2010, 05:20 AM
Good Morning Guys,
Sorry to bug all of you with "just one more question", but thought that one of you (or more) might be able to give me a suggestion. I recently installed another set of limbs to replace the cracked limb on my Warthog, but now I'm trying to get the cams set up right. There is a hole in the cams that should be adjusted to just set visually on top of the inside of the limb, but after twisting the bow string 4 times top and bottom, I still have about a 1/4" gap between the hole and the limb. Am I twisting the correct string, and is 1/4" acceptable. Also, I haven't adjusted the drawstop correctly yet.....the bow "feels" like it doesn't want to release from the full draw postition. It does, but it gives the feeling that it's just going to sit there. Thanks in advance for any help.
Take good care, brothers!

Montalaar
08-10-2010, 07:09 AM
You are overdrawing. At the setting you describe the bow has a LO of approximately 95%. My own Warthog exploded into my face because i could not control it. Please setup the draw stop to a better position first. :)

bfisher
08-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Good Morning Guys,
Sorry to bug all of you with "just one more question", but thought that one of you (or more) might be able to give me a suggestion. I recently installed another set of limbs to replace the cracked limb on my Warthog, but now I'm trying to get the cams set up right. There is a hole in the cams that should be adjusted to just set visually on top of the inside of the limb, but after twisting the bow string 4 times top and bottom, I still have about a 1/4" gap between the hole and the limb. Am I twisting the correct string, and is 1/4" acceptable. Also, I haven't adjusted the drawstop correctly yet.....the bow "feels" like it doesn't want to release from the full draw postition. It does, but it gives the feeling that it's just going to sit there. Thanks in advance for any help.
Take good care, brothers!

I just took a look at my FireCat for comparison. The two bows are slightly different, but similar. The hole you are using to set the cam rotation really has little to do with anything except a visual reference to sync the cams and this may only be close.

Mine has about 1/16" before it perfectly aligns with the limb. So long as you get them nearly the same on both cams you should be in the ballpark. However, twisting the string as you have done shortens the draw length somewhat, again not real critical. You can actually slightly alter the draw characteristics of the cam by playing with string length.

It does sound to me that your draw stop is set a little to the lng side allowing the cams to over rotate when you draw. Thus that feeling that the bow doesn't want to GO when you shoot or let down.

Some people have mistakenly set these cams up without a draw stop and drawn the bow to a point that the cables draw off the module groove and the bow locks up at full draw. Not a good situation so be sure you get yours set close to what you need it to be. After that you can adjust it a little shorter or longer to give a less or more letoff. Adjusting shorter will decrease letoff. Longer and the opposite is true.

Hope this helps. Now go play and come back if you need any more help.

baerman
08-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Good Afternoon Montalaar and Mr. Fisher,
Thank you both for the information.....I was trying to get the cams "wrapped" as recommended in a post on another site in reference to the CAT cams. Guess I went too far......
I'll adjust the draw-stop down now and see what I get. I'm really hoping that the new limbs will finally have me shooting this bow....it's been a journey.
Again, thank you so much....your knowledge of all things Martin is invaluable.

Take care, brothers!

Montalaar
08-10-2010, 10:48 AM
There is nothing wrong with it. Just keep in mind that most tuning posts are in combination with the FireCat which has a lesser limb deflection. Those marks cannot be used with any bow as it is with the Elite Archery Cams (unfortunately they have around 20 marks on each cam.. not better either..). :)

Keep us up to date.

And damn, i could not resist. Again.

tvs
08-10-2010, 05:48 PM
the cam are over rotating and are unsafe because of lock-up no one will call this kettle black when the cams over rotate they lock the limb back as the string or limb will brake the cat cam need to be shoot in the middle of the module I have the scars as proof this is a controled dry fire I will stay with my martin one cam no problems have shoot martin starting in 1986

Montalaar
08-10-2010, 07:08 PM
And next time think about using things like this '.' and this ','. :)

Destroyer
08-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Yep, tvs, your post was a little bit hard to read that way, punctuation please mate. :)