PDA

View Full Version : Ccs

bronko22000
08-10-2010, 06:08 PM
I have heard rumors that Martin's CCS is causing upper limb twist? I was planning on getting one for my Cheetah but now I am having second thoughts. Please provide technical comments on this.

bfisher
08-10-2010, 07:06 PM
The CCS does cause some limb twist. A cable rod/slide causes some limb twist. Anything that pulls the cables to one side causes a certain amount of limb twist. Simple laws of physics.

Whether the CCS causes more severe limb twist is something I cannot answer. I do know that more and more manufacturers seem to be fitting their bows with roller guards these days. Does that mean they are better? Again, I couldn't say. I'm not an engineer.

I can say this with relative certainty. If you want to eliminate all limb twist then you have to shoot a bow rigged with a shoot through cable system such as the Martin NitrousX or the more recent FuriousX system. Both are pure dual cam setups.

Destroyer
08-10-2010, 08:49 PM
From the catalog:

Reduces vibration
Increases cable tension

Not enough for me to want one. My Pantera has low enough vibration and cable tension? Enough poundage on mine as it is! :D

The standard cable guard and slide is simple to maintain and replace, the CCS? :confused:

then you have to shoot a bow rigged with a shoot through cable system such as the Martin NitrousX or the more recent FuriousX system.

If only my limbs would handle them. Been meaning to ask for a while, is shooting through the cables disconcerting?

elkslayer4x5
08-11-2010, 06:33 AM
If only my limbs would handle them. Been meaning to ask for a while, is shooting through the cables disconcerting?

No, not in the least, after you get used to loading an arrow from the rest side, between the cables. No need for an armguard either. :D