PDA

View Full Version : bow numbers

cridertj
08-12-2010, 12:29 PM
I have had work done on my bow at martin and they put this numbers on my limbs and bow spec sticker and was wondering if any one could tell me what limbs it has I have sent e-mails two days in a row with no answer and usually i have no problem getting in touch with them. The numbers are ul5-2010

bfisher
08-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Those are certainly new numbers/letters from what I've seen in the past. Sorry, I can't help, but I'll be keeping an eye on this just so I can learn something.

cridertj
08-12-2010, 02:22 PM
thanks for trying after looking at the limbs a little more I think the numbers on it is 5lc 5/10 .I dont know why I was thinking they were the same but they are not.

bfisher
08-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Now you're getting closer to what I'm used to seeing. They might be 5L or
5H and a manufacture date of 5/10. Usually you'll see Martin limbs marked with a number and then letter suc as 5M or 6H. Something like that.

Numbers start at 0 and go up thru 9. The L designates Low, M-medium, and H is for High, with approx 2 lbs between them.

cridertj
08-13-2010, 01:57 PM
so is there any way to tell what type of limb i have

bfisher
08-13-2010, 05:32 PM
First let us know what bow it is. Draw weight range and the year of the bow. Then maybe we can look up specs on Martin's website to see what limbs are on it,,,,,,,or should be on it.

I'm assuming there is no limb sticker on the inside of the bottom limb. Did you have the limbs replaced? If so then you need to bottom the limbs and weigh the bow for poundage. Let us know what you get.

cridertj
08-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the reply. my limbs were replaced by martin it is a 09 warthog with 10 cams and limbs maxed all out I get about 8-70 lbs out of it. I really want to know about the know limbs. and if they helped or not.

bfisher
08-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Well, apparently you had one of those bows that cracked a limb. OK, Martin replaced the limbs and you are getting the right poundage out of it, right? In that case I wouldn't worry about the limb deflection #.

As for what type of limbs are on the bow? If they are 13" limbs then they are the same general type as all the other 13" limbs. If they are the older 2009 or earlier limbs then they are a 3 ply laminate. If they are 2010 limbs then they are a 4 ply laminate and would have required changing roto-cups, axles, cams because they are narrower than past limbs.