PDA

View Full Version : gettin frustrated

goat
08-16-2010, 05:38 AM
i shoot a 2009 bangel and it seems to be a great bow but as of a few days ago i started getting some whip in my arrows ..but just down range .. i shot through paper at 5 10 and 15 feet and it is perfect . i am getting frustrated any of you guys have an idea where i can start feel free to post somthing to help me out..................thanks ..............i shave my head and it is probably a good thing cause i would have pulled out my hair ..:confused:lol

elkslayer4x5
08-16-2010, 06:28 AM
i shoot a 2009 bangel and it seems to be a great bow but as of a few days ago i started getting some whip in my arrows ..but just down range .. i shot through paper at 5 10 and 15 feet and it is perfect . i am getting frustrated any of you guys have an idea where i can start feel free to post somthing to help me out..................thanks ..............i shave my head and it is probably a good thing cause i would have pulled out my hair ..:confused:lol

Are your arrows 'whipping' on every shot? Check the fletch, all good? Was shooting last evening and put one thru a soft spot in the bag, it tore the leading end of one of the blazers loose, just about 1/4", next time I shot that arrow, it corkscrewed all the way to the target. Check all of your specs, is every thing like it is supposed to be? Are you tourquing the bow at release? :confused:

SonnyThomas
08-16-2010, 07:35 AM
And just maybe your eyes are seeing better. :eek:
Yes, seeing better. Why do I say this? Because you say you have perfect paper tears. If perfect at the distances you list then there is the real possibility you are seeing the odd vane as the arrow spins or the colored vanes you see best. I use all the same color vanes and never see this anymore.

bfisher
08-16-2010, 10:44 AM
And just maybe your eyes are seeing better. :eek:
Yes, seeing better. Why do I say this? Because you say you have perfect paper tears. If perfect at the distances you list then there is the real possibility you are seeing the odd vane as the arrow spins or the colored vanes you see best. I use all the same color vanes and never see this anymore.

I'll second this. It could just be an optical illusion. On the other hand it could have something to do with too little FOC built into the arrow or too much drag created by the fletching. Tell us some details about the arrows. Also, how is grouping and at what distances? Down range to some is almost point blank to others.

Destroyer
08-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Make sure the paper tears are telling the truth. I've had perfect bullet holes only to find the arrow showing nock low down range. Pushed the nocking point up and the problem went away. On paper the knocking point was still good after moving it up. Slightly high will show you.

Other causes could be as simple as a poor shot. Sometimes we shoot differently when paper tuning, less concern about hitting the spot.

The rest may cause this too, particularly when using a drop away. Having the rest come up sooner therefore staying up a bit longer, helps to stabilize the arrow.

Finally, as been mentioned by Sonny & Barry, it could just be an optical illusion.

So many variables in a modern bow. :)

goat
08-16-2010, 08:07 PM
hay thanks for all the input ..my shafts are 65/70 carbon express 29" long with blazer vanes ....as far as the torquing the bow i dont think i am ..my groupes are about the size of a snuff can at 20 and 30 yards and it even groupes like that with my muzzys ...i no now you are thinking this guy is fricken goofy but well maybe it is a illusion i have one white and 2 red fletches ..i just want it to shoot rite

goat
08-16-2010, 08:12 PM
but i am going to fletch up some shafts with all red to see if that is the case will let you know tuesday if that is it ...you guys have been a great help

Destroyer
08-16-2010, 08:28 PM
If you are fletching your own shafts, make sure the vanes are straight & even spaced on the shaft. Even if you are using helical, it still should be straight but angled. If you have bent vanes, you will get erratic flight. :)

bowgramp59
08-18-2010, 07:47 PM
what wt. are you shooting ? if you are shooting 70#s your spine looks ok , if you are shooting 60#s your spine might be a little stiff , this will sometimes make an arrow fish tale down range.

goat
08-19-2010, 07:30 PM
i got it figured out thanks for the help ...:D my timing on my ripcord was just a pinch out ...between that and my eyes playing tricks on me with the rotation of my fletching it is dead nuts now ..i am ready to shoot a deer in a month or so anyhow....

Destroyer
08-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Good to hear. Post a picture if you get a deer, sorry when you get a deer! ;)