PDA

View Full Version : Martin Jaguar String Length

texashunter
08-16-2010, 12:35 PM
I bought my bow in July 2008. My bow has a M-Pro cam and I can not find any information on the string and cable length for this set up. Any suggestions?

CJK
08-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Hello Texas. Look on the Martins website for bow specs. That should tell you the info you will need. You can then order a OEM or go after market. What part of Texas do you hail from. If in the Houston area contact Scott at Viking Archery. He makes one he'll of a string.

Carl

texashunter
08-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Hello Texas. Look on the Martins website for bow specs. That should tell you the info you will need. You can then order a OEM or go after market. What part of Texas do you hail from. If in the Houston area contact Scott at Viking Archery. He makes one he'll of a string.

Carl

The website only shows strings with the dyna cam. I couldn't find anywhere that the jaguar was listed with the M-Pro cam. I am about 30 miles east of San Antonio. Thanks for the advice.

Spiker
08-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Is the ATA on your bow 32" or real close to that?
If so - you should double check me but - I believe it should use a 33.5" cable and 88" string.

Destroyer
08-16-2010, 08:50 PM
No sticker on the lower limb? A bit sloppy of the builder.

elkslayer4x5
08-17-2010, 05:30 AM
No sticker on the lower limb? A bit sloppy of the builder.

Replacement limbs? Or just peeled off? :confused:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-17-2010, 02:49 PM

Carl

The Martin website doesn't have the specs because the 2008 Jaguar with the M-Pro cam was made for Dick's Sporting Goods, and it was the last Jaguar compound bow made.

Destroyer
08-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Replacement limbs? Or just peeled off?

Maybe, I received a sticker with my new limbs. Yeah someone could have removed it.

Dick's Sporting Goods

That explains some of it. Don't they use stickers on the bows?

texashunter
08-18-2010, 12:01 PM
I have a sticker on the lower limb, but it was a blank sticker with two hand written numbers on it that have both rubbed off. Is there somewhere I can get string length for the bow made for Dicks Sporting Goods?

Destroyer
08-18-2010, 09:41 PM
So its got a sticker, no imprint of the numbers left? You should write these numbers down when you first get a bow. Why some use pencil.......:confused:

Any way, try calling Dick's perhaps, maybe somebody there kept records. You could take it to a dealer and have them measure the cable & string. Or do it yourself if your confident enough. If you need help to disassemble the bow, we can help, just ask. :)

texashunter
08-22-2010, 07:50 AM
Is the ATA on your bow 32" or real close to that?
If so - you should double check me but - I believe it should use a 33.5" cable and 88" string.

I think you are correct. I measured the string and the cable length and I got the same length you posted.