PDA

View Full Version : News on 2011 limbs is good

gibson 787
08-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Thought I should share this info with all. I recently sent an email to Joel at Martin with a couple of questions regarding the limb problem with my Moab. In addition, I asked if the new 2011 solid limbs were as efficient as the prior laminated ones. His very prompt response, was an emphatic yes, so there it is folks nothing to be concerned about, no cracks and no loss of speed! Music to my ears anyway.

Ehunter
08-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Good news to hear. I just got my replacement limbs today. Got them installed, and have started shooting in the new string and cables. Won't be long before I'm back in the groove. Martin's customer service is second to none! I just called Joel on Thursday of last week. Limbs showed up priority mail today. Who could ask for more?

Destroyer
08-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Who could ask for more?

I could, "could I have some more please?" :D

But yes good news gibson 787, lets wait and see, and hope. ;)

baerman
08-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Hey Gibson 787,
That sounds good.....I'm still working on my Warthog with the '11 limbs, but so far they're still about 20fps slower than the '09 limbs. I've tried just about everything that I know.....cam synch, let-off, string load, timing, etc., etc., etc.,.......to very little avail. I'll let all of you know when I've finished how it all works out. If any of you have a secret that I've missed, please let me know.
Take care all.....

gibson 787
08-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Hey Gibson 787,
That sounds good.....I'm still working on my Warthog with the '11 limbs, but so far they're still about 20fps slower than the '09 limbs. I've tried just about everything that I know.....cam synch, let-off, string load, timing, etc., etc., etc.,.......to very little avail. I'll let all of you know when I've finished how it all works out. If any of you have a secret that I've missed, please let me know.
Take care all.....

Baerman my friend, that news is not so good. I strongly recommend emailing joel@martinarchery.com if you can't get your Hog performing better than that.

Good luck

baerman
08-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Good Afternoon Gibson 787,
Good idea.....thanks for the e-mail address. Bet they'll want to have it shipped back to the factory......don't know if I've got that much patience left with it.....but for now, all it will be is a closet queen, so may it would be worth it.
Anyway, take good care, brother......hope that your limbs turn out better than mine by a long shot!

cridertj
08-17-2010, 04:55 PM
I am with you I am getting impatient with mine and i have only had one set of limbs and 2 sets of cams and a trip to martin and also a new string and another set of cams because of string breakage ( not really martins fault just my mojo but still an issue) and right now I have a 285-290 fps warthog at 70 lbs with a 29 " draw and 381 arrow and not enough time before deer season to send back to martin .I will keep working with it but come tax time as much as I do not want to I think I will cut my losses and go for something else but when it is shooting it does shoot good. I am also afraid my new '10 limbs are going to let be down during the season .and that will really put me over the edge. did I mention I have almost had this bow a year now. if it wasnt for my service from martin and my local shop I don't know what I would have done.

gibson 787
08-17-2010, 06:21 PM
have a 285-290 fps warthog at 70 lbs with a 29 " draw and 381 arrow

As I understand it you don't have the new solid limbs on your Hog and if that's the case, your speeds are down on what I'm getting. My Hog is an 09 with the 2010 upgraded 1.5' limbs and rotocups. I'm getting 290fps at 65#, 29" DL and 410gr arrow. This equates to an IBO of 330fps which is not the 350 it's advertised at. I think the 350 is a little stretched as I've never heard of anyone achieving it, not to say it hasn't been done.

I have tuned the bow to what I think is perfection and am very happy with the speeds I'm getting. The tuning methods I got from 'the optimum tuning of cat cams' on Archery Talk.

My ATA is an 1/8" short and my brace height is similarly short, however the bow holds and shoots beautifully and it's a toss up against my Alien to which I prefer.

It would be sad to see you give up on the Hog, cause when you get it firing on all 8, it's one hell of a tack driver.

Good luck guys.