PDA

View Full Version : 03 jaguar magnum

huntter27
08-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Hello all I hope I can find an answer here, I am looking to find out what arrows I should shoot with my bow I have an 03 jaguar magnum set at 70 lb draw I am also shooting rage broad heads 125 gr. I would like to shoot carbon fiber I have some that I have used last year and they seemed to work well. I dont have them in front of me to post the weight but I am replacing the srting and want to be able to get the 305 fps they are saying the bow will get. any advice would be great, thanks in advance.

Sagittarius
08-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Yes, Good luck getting the exact IBO out of the bow.. There are a couple charts that can give you a basic idea what it will do. About your arrows you need to check the spine charts for the specific arrows you are interested in. Just google the manufacturer and they'll lead you to the specific arrow charts. Hope I helped out ???

bfisher
08-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Unless you have a 30" draw and are going to be shooting a 350gr arrow you don't have a snowball's chance of the bow shooting it's IBO rating. In fact, anything you have on the string will slow the bow down.

You also have to know how to optimize cam rotation and this takes the use of a chrongraph and a lot of time and tinkering; something very few people have the time, patience, or expertise to do.

Of course there's nothing wrong with learning this stuff if you're so inclined, but don't feel too disappointed if your efforts end up being for naught. At least you can learn a lot along the way. And if this is going to be used as a hunting setup just be happy withit being a nice drawing, quiet shooter.

Believe me, for most hunting distances a speed difference of about 30fps doesn't amount to much difference in trajectory. I'm talking of distances less than 30 yards. If you're worrying about more kinetic energy then I would advise against it. With any properly spined arrow for your bow it's capable of downing any animal walking this planet and anybody who would tell you different is out in space somewhere.

Spiker
08-16-2010, 06:43 PM
"Believe me, for most hunting distances a speed difference of about 30fps doesn't amount to much difference in trajectory. I'm talking of distances less than 30 yards. If you're worrying about more kinetic energy then I would advise against it. With any properly spined arrow for your bow it's capable of downing any animal walking this planet and anybody who would tell you different is out in space somewhere."

I'll second that advice.!

Destroyer
08-16-2010, 08:45 PM
I'll second that advice.!

I'll third it too. (third it??? lol!)

If you shoot a heavier arrow, the speed will drop somewhat, but your bow will be quieter, more accurate, more forgiving of errors and it will last longer too.

Good luck getting the exact IBO out of the bow.

Agree with this too. You might be lucky. :)