PDA

View Full Version : Bow Scale

oncechance
08-17-2010, 05:59 AM
Has anyone used one of these as a bow scale? I was looking at the Pelouze #7810, but found this one cheaper. I didn't want to spend a lot of money for no more than you (I) use one.

http://www.harborfreight.com/big-game-scale-65613.html

bowgramp59
08-17-2010, 05:22 PM
thanks you for the info , i've been looking for a scale and thought like you they were way to exspensive. didn't think about harbor freight, got one 50 miles from here, will give it a look . thanks again

Destroyer
08-17-2010, 08:12 PM
The only thing I don't like about it is no peak weight hold, not that I can see that is. It would be ok though.

This is what I've been using for a while.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220508330539

Strong for a cheapy, has peak hold if the weight settles down, not perfect for my use. Rather have one that records peak.Bought it for a draw board, when/if I make one. Atm, just measuring by hand with it.

Wouldn't mind a OMP digital bow scale, about as much as I will spend. :)

bowgramp59
08-20-2010, 04:24 PM
our harbor freight didn't have the scale so i ordered one from them on line, i wasn't going to use mine for setting draw wt. of my bows, have a good bow scale. i was going to try and use it on my string jig, to set the string length on my alien xs and use it for stretching the bow strings and twisting them under tention, i hope it works, i think it will.

oncechance
08-20-2010, 07:15 PM
Gramps,

I too ordered one and received it today. I will let all know how it works. I want to do more work on my bow and need to know what weight it is drawing instead of driving 1/2hr to the pro shop.

bowgramp59
08-26-2010, 06:24 PM
hey oncechance, how did the scale work? haven't recieved mine yet.

shane watson
08-26-2010, 06:25 PM
I agree with you.

oncechance
08-27-2010, 03:35 AM
The scale works great. I think a digital may be more precise but this scale will do. I am happy with the purchase and now will be able to make sure my draw weight is where I want it. Hope you get yours soon.

Montalaar
08-27-2010, 03:39 AM
The scale works great. I think a digital may be more precise but this scale will do. I am happy with the purchase and now will be able to make sure my draw weight is where I want it. Hope you get yours soon.

Digital scales are not that precise. They may show you some more places after the decimal point but as long as you do not calibrate the scale from time to time it is not a tad more precise.

Destroyer
08-27-2010, 09:36 PM
What makes digital scales (or tools) accurate is that they are easier to read accurately. :)

Montalaar
08-27-2010, 10:51 PM
But they might not even show a more accurate number. If you misread a normal scale and have an error of around 2lbs in both directions you have the same variability also in a digital scale. It just vives you a number but yyou do not know if this one is good or not. :)

I have a digital one, too. :P

Destroyer
08-29-2010, 05:33 AM
gives you a number but you do not know if this one is good or not.

True. I guess you have to trust it to a point. Is my scale accurate? Have no idea really, don't care that much. If its not 70#, it doesn't really matter, it's as much as I can shoot accurately. :)