PDA

View Full Version : draw weight is not as high as bow specs

goat
08-19-2010, 07:43 PM
my martin bangel only maxes out at 68# specs say 70 how can i squeek out that 2# ??? my ata is perfect so i dont want to twist the string up and stress the limbs out....and also r my limbs the core flex dont no how to tell bow is a 09 model ..if there not would it benifit me to put them on my bow???

Destroyer
08-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Wouldn't worry about the extra 2#, I know its annoying but there wont be a huge difference in speed. You might even shoot better with the lower DW. ;)

Putting newer limbs won't do a lot either. :)

gibson 787
08-19-2010, 10:51 PM
If it is a concern, it wouldn't take many twists in the cable to add on 2# and your specs would not change much. But as Destroyer states, it's no big deal, 2#in DW equates to only an extra 4fps in added arrow speed.

bfisher
08-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Actually 3 to 4 lbs. plus or minus is within acceptable tolerances in the archery industry. And plus or minus a little on the specs is tolerable. Specs are just approximate measurements where the bow will perform it's best. That doesn't mean you can't twist cables or strings to get the right tune or feel that you like.

As the others have said, 2# is nothing to even give a second thought. There isn't a critter walking this planet that can tell the difference between 68# and 70# and you wouldn't either until you weigh it. And frankly, scales can vary that much from one to the other and from pull to pull.

Hope you aren't using one of those hand-held Cardoza scales. I've never seen one that weighed correctly anyway. Almost always about 6# light.

goat
08-22-2010, 07:18 PM
dont get me wrong it dont really dont make any difference on my draw weight it is fine where it is i was just wondering why it wasent 70 pounds ... oh and i figured out my flight promlem from my previous post my rest was not falling fast enough ...it was not set rite .... now it is shooting awsome thanks agian