PDA

View Full Version : String Stop too loud & weird Sight Pin spacing

Timbo
08-22-2010, 08:10 AM
Hello again.
Went yesterday and sighted in the Saber with the new 55# pull. First, the weight felt great on the should with no strain at all. I have two issues:
1) The Limb Saver string stop smacks very loud no matter how close or far way from the string I secure it. Without it, the thanggggg of the vibration just feels like the bow is coming apart.
Any ideas?
2) After setting the pins at 20, 30 & 40 yards I noticed the spacing seems to be the opposite. Imagine pointing all four fingers of your same hand the same way and spacing them evenly. My 20 is on the index but the 30 falls way down to ring finger with the 40 right next to the 30 on the pinky leaving a big space where the second finger is. This doesn't seem normal. I did one last check shooting and got a bullzeye on all three pins one a 3" circle.
Is this acceptable or am I needing some instruction?

Thank you in advace to those who will contribute.

bfisher
08-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Timbo,

I think you have the single cam, right? Could be the cam is over rotated. This often times contributes to excess vibration which causes noise. The STS might get rid of some of it and maybe not. These bows should be fairly quiet even without the STS so I would look at cam orientation first. Maybe add a set of string leeches to calm things down, too.

Can you post a couple pictures of the cam so we can see how the string comes off the cam?

Timbo
08-22-2010, 01:34 PM
I will try to get a few pics and post. Thanks. BTW, it does have the optional draw stop.

dragonsfire311
08-23-2010, 12:37 AM
does sound strange. the kill zone on a whitetail is about the size of a paper plate so your shot group sounds ok.

Timbo
09-08-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm back from vacation and while on vacation I did find a locally owned sporting goods (archery, guns & CCW classes) that is actually within 5 miles from the house. The guy was very busy but took time to help me and we stepped in his indoor range and he let me shoot my Trophy Hunter/Saber with one of my arrows and one he recommended as it was a little heavier based on the pull. The bow vibrated so loud, the arrow stuck almost sideways in his target & he rose to the challenge. I just picked it up a few minutes ago and he only charged me $25 for the tuneup and I bought a half dozen heavier arrows at the actual length I thought they should have been all along. This bow now feels like it should have all along and like others who allow me to shoot theirs. I just wanted to give a shout out to the small, local shops who take the time to help someone in need. He has won my business and all the others I will tell from this day forward. BTW, thanks for those who replied to me earlier.
Timbo

bfisher
09-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Glad everything is working out for you now. Sounds like you have a winner there with that local shop. Now you need to do you both a favor and frequent the place. Watch, ask questions and learn how to work on these things. They're not all that hard. All they are is a slightly more complicated block and tackle system.

Timbo
09-09-2010, 06:00 AM
Will do.
Being a beginner, it was too hard for me to figure out what was done wrong since I never saw it done correctly.
Thanks again!