PDA

View Full Version : New to the Martin family

VintageGold
08-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Hi everyone

I posted this on AT. a fellow AT er recommend that I try asking this question on this forum.

Hi yall,

I just acquired a Scepter 4. I plan on using this bow for indoors and spots. I am a FSL shooter but am a total noob on Martin bows. How would one become smart about limb and cam combos? currently the ATA and draw length is too short. I wasnt going to back out of the deal because of my ignorance so Im asking for your help, to help me navigate through the Martin realm

Basically I bought a Scepter 4 mag. I'm looking for a limb and cam combo that will get me to 42+ ATA and 28.9-29.5 DL. right now I have the furious cams (small) and the L mod. The limbs are marked M0, any info and help getting on the right path would be greatly appreciated

Nick

Montalaar
08-22-2010, 11:45 AM
I am pretty sure that you will need Elite limbs to get a bow with such a long ATA.

Lets wait vor Sceptermanx, he is a pro in any scepter questions.

bfisher
08-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Might have been me that recommended you post here. Hopefully Scepterman30 will see this and chime in. And Montalaar is right. You'll need Elite limbs to get to the long ATA. I believe it acctually ends up at 43+".

In the meantime you can go to Martin's website and fish around in theTech Specs section and see what you come up with. You'll need to know what weight range you're interested in, too, so you can pick the right limb deflection.

VintageGold
08-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Might have been me that recommended you post here. Hopefully Scepterman30 will see this and chime in. And Montalaar is right. You'll need Elite limbs to get to the long ATA. I believe it acctually ends up at 43+".

In the meantime you can go to Martin's website and fish around in theTech Specs section and see what you come up with. You'll need to know what weight range you're interested in, too, so you can pick the right limb deflection.

I am going to stay within the 40-60lb range. I am hoping Scepterman30 will chime in soon. I am planing on having a busy Indoor season this and next year;)

bfisher
08-22-2010, 05:27 PM
I am going to stay within the 40-60lb range. I am hoping Scepterman30 will chime in soon. I am planing on having a busy Indoor season this and next year;)

His name is Scott and you could PM him, although I doubt it would be any quicker.