PDA

View Full Version : do I have a problem

Unregistered
08-22-2010, 04:39 PM
I have a new Threshold set at 65 lbs. I'm shooting carbon express 55-70 arrows thru a wiskerbisket. The problem is to get it to shoot straight through paper, my nock point is at least 3/8 of an inch above level. Any ideas???? I'm leaning towards unequal limb strength, but I'm far from an expert, as this is my 2nd archery season.

jujuscisyn
08-23-2010, 03:10 AM
3/8 isn't ridiculous but it is pretty high. There are lots of things to consider here. How close to the paper are you? Arrows out of a compound flex up and down before stabilizing. If your too close, it could give high or low tears, but you'd have to be darn close. Bow weight and arrow spine should be rechecked. Also one could run the limb bolts all the way in then back them out the same amount to desired weight or leave them bottomed out. Most definately check for vane clearance issues such as on cables and or guards as well as the rest. Speaking of the rest, make sure it is tight and correctly installed. Varying limb strength isn't out of the question, but I'd look at the usual suspects first.

dwpgrumpy2
08-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks...I'll do a recheck of all that you mentioned. Also, I might try droping down to a 100gr broad head