PDA

View Full Version : Bengal with 3 In. tear

finster
08-23-2010, 07:48 AM
Hello all, I have a new Bengal with the sts 60 lb max.

1. Trophy Taker pronghorn rest.

2. Easton Acc arrows, 340 and 400 with either 100 or 125 tips. ( shot many others)

3. 28 3/8 long

The bow shoots a 3 " left paper tear at 6 yards. I mover the rest so far for a bullet hole the sight could not be adjusted any more.

I changed arrow weights, point weight etc. Draw weight. Lazer tuned, eye tuned; moved the rest all the way to the right. knock point.

Checked spacers to see if the were correct. tiller you name it.

What the heck is going on?

bfisher
08-23-2010, 09:46 AM
Wish I could help. Sounds like your problem is the same as mine. Although I don't peper tune I do bare shaft tune and my FireCat just will not throw a sgaft anywhere near straight. I get the same results as you----tail left.

I've tried everything I know, and believe me my knowledge is extensive. I'm shooting 42# @ 26.5" draw which should call for a spine of about 600 or a little lighter. So far I've tried 600, 500, 400, and 300 spines and they all shoot exactly alike. Can't figure it out. If one at least shot a little better than the others it would give me some direction to go.

I finally just gave up and set the bow up and satrted shooting it. It groups very well. Shoots just fine but that is with target and field tips. This is OK for me as I don't hunt anymore, but I'm sure with broadheads it would get ugly.

You might want to just forego paper tuning and just broadhead tune if this is for hunting. Easton Tuning Guide can be of great help with this.

Sagittarius
08-23-2010, 02:39 PM
if its not working out for you moving it one way try the other and check for vane clearance probs ???

southern outlaw
08-24-2010, 06:10 PM
My alien x was the same way. The roller guard had the cables pulled so far over I had like an inch of fletching clearance. With some info off archery talk, I shimmed out the front of the ccs and installed some longer screws to make up for the spacers. This brought the cables in enough to take a lot of lateral torque off the bow and I was able to tune it up. It still tunes to the right of center but it is shooting good now.
Blazers are barely clearing the cables and that is the way it should be.
You might check to see if you have an excess amount of cable torque. That might just be your problem.

bfisher
08-24-2010, 06:16 PM
My alien x was the same way. The roller guard had the cables pulled so far over I had like an inch of fletching clearance. With some info off archery talk, I shimmed out the front of the ccs and installed some longer screws to make up for the spacers. This brought the cables in enough to take a lot of lateral torque off the bow and I was able to tune it up. It still tunes to the right of center but it is shooting good now.
Blazers are barely clearing the cables and that is the way it should be.
You might check to see if you have an excess amount of cable torque. That might just be your problem.

Not a bad suggestion. I was just looking at that last evening. The CCS has the cables pulled so far to the side that without measuring it looks like there is about 3/4" clearance for my feathers; way way too much. I think I'm going to call and see if I can get an attachment for a regular cable slide.

If I can do this it might just get rid of the little bit of cam lean evident in the top cam. If I can't do it or don'tlike iti'll try your suggestion.

southern outlaw
08-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Also forgot to add on a single cam you can play with idler lean to adjust for lateral paper tears. On my mathews bows you tuned for straight idler at full draw and when at brace you laid an arrow across the idler wheel and the arrow point should be almost touching to touching the nock point of the string.

Spiker
08-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Not a bad suggestion. I was just looking at that last evening. The CCS has the cables pulled so far to the side that without measuring it looks like there is about 3/4" clearance for my feathers; way way too much. I think I'm going to call and see if I can get an attachment for a regular cable slide.

If I can do this it might just get rid of the little bit of cam lean evident in the top cam. If I can't do it or don'tlike iti'll try your suggestion.

When I ordered my Alien Z, I also bought the rod/slide conversion kit so that I could install it if I felt it would work out better. They are like $25.
The bow should ship this week but I will be at Elk camp for a couple weeks and will have to wait till I get back to set it up and start shooting it.
My Alien X with the CCS tunes inside of center (7/8" from berger bridge) but shoots bulletholes from 10ft to 20yds and puts field points and broadheads in the same spot.
--- going to the rod/slide will drop max dw by about 3lbs... Nothing to worry about.

bfisher
08-29-2010, 12:22 PM
I neglected to call and order the conversion kit so in the interim I just did what outlaw suggested and shimmed the front of the CCS bar. To me it looks better, but the bow still doesn't shoot a bare shaft any better. Guess it's just one of those things I'll have to live with.

Maybe I'll dig my 2005 ShadowCat with NitrousX cams out of mothballs just to remind myself of what a good cam system feels and tunes like. No cam lean, no limb twist, no cable wear, everything mounted right down the center of the riser.