PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my Firecat but need some help.

recondoc
08-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Well my Blacked Out Firecat was delivered today. I spent the better part of my afternoon with center shot laser, level and serving thread to set her up to shoot. I tuned it down three turns to a smooth drawing #51 and got down to business with sighting it in.
Started drilling holes after a while at 20 & 30 but I was too tired to shoot well at 40 or even playing around at 50. (Still kept them in the vitals on a a 3D Deer though). Good God, I love the draw cycle on this bow and the way she lets loose. Really a sweet shooting bow and, even without a wrist sling, I was not afraid to use a U hold on her. Absolutely zero hand shock on the shot.
The only quirky thing going on is that when I'm drawing slow, I notice a creaking sound just before the cams come over. I checked and double checked all of my accessory items for any noise but nothing is coming from them. I'm guessing that it is coming from the top cam. Any ideas? I just don't want to be in the blind, pulling to full draw, and have my deer spook because of this noise.
Any trouble shooting help is highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Doc

SonnyThomas
08-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Unless someone has had problems with something else, most creaking I've found come the limb/pocket. A little white grease usually solves the problem. Mostly, it's the finish of limbs and the close tolerance of the pockets.

recondoc
08-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the lead Sonny,
I'll give that a look tomorrow morning and see if it goes away.
Doc

southern outlaw
08-24-2010, 06:02 PM
My experience with a creaking noise on the firecat and alien is the module is not seated good and will move a tiny bit while drawing back . Usually the sound is right at the peak before it rolls over into the valley. Check your module screws. If they are tight remove the modules and make sure they are perfectly flat. I had one that was a little concave once. Put a little string wax on the module screws when you reinstall them or they might get stuck.