PDA

View Full Version : Limb adjustment, how much can you let them out?

tcd
08-24-2010, 03:55 AM
I just bought a Martin Bone Hunter I got it at dick sporting goods. I dont see any thing about this bow on the martin web site. My question is how far can the limbs be let out with out damaging the bow.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-24-2010, 07:01 AM
The Martin Bone Hunter is the same as the Martin Cheetah.

Martin recommends only turning the limb bolts out 5 turns maximum. This is from Martin's 2010 bow manual, which is on Martin's website.

Montalaar
08-24-2010, 09:31 AM
You can turn out the bolts until you can see daylight through the barrel nut. As soon as you can see light through it you have to stop.

You can turn out the bolts for 5 turns and still shoot it. Shooting it with more turns out will void the warranty. :)

tcd
08-24-2010, 09:49 AM
The person setting it up went way past five turns to get the bow to 55 pounds. I had read that 5 turns was recommended but it didn't lower the bow to 55 pounds. It said the range was from 55 to 70 on the limbs. Should the limbs be tightened down all the way and then back them off 5 turns.
Thanks

Montalaar
08-24-2010, 09:55 AM
That is right.

Measure the draw weight when the limb bolts are tightend. It is possible that the limbs will give you 73# of draw weight so that 5 turns will not go down to 55lbs but to 58 instead (those numbers are just examples).

And check if Braceheight and Axle to axle are within the numbers delivered by Martin.

tcd
08-24-2010, 10:49 AM
If the bolt goes all the way threw the barrel nut the it should be OK? I will also check the measurements