PDA

View Full Version : Axil distance question on martin bengal

archer183
08-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Question for you all. I've got a martin bengal, been shooting it quite a bit. when it was first set up the a2a distance matched the spec of 32.25 inches. I just measured it today, and now it is 31.9 inches. is that difference a problem, how does one adjust it, and why would it get shorter after being shot a whole lot of times? (I did take it in twice in this period to have the peep adjusted, so it could have been messed with then... but I am not sure)

-Greg

SonnyThomas
08-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Well, I've never heard of strings shrinking. Could be whoever did the peep work messed up something. That bit off, did you measure from outside to inside (correct) or inside to inside?

archer183
08-24-2010, 07:04 PM
outside to inside (e.g. centerline distance). I haven't been real impressed with the shops, so pardon the newby question, but how do you adjust the A2A distance on a single cam bow. I know I need to press it and either add or remove twists, but I am not clear as to exactly where to do that.

elkslayer4x5
08-25-2010, 05:12 AM
You won't need a bowpress to work on your Bengal. Back out the limb bolts until you can see daylight thru the barrel nuts. At that point, the string will be slack enough for you to roll the string off the cam, Do what you need to and put 'er back togather. :)

Montalaar
08-25-2010, 05:22 AM
To shorten the ATA on a single Cam bow you need to put twists in the cable AND string. For every twist in the cable put two twists in the string as it goes around the Idler wheel. To lengthen ATA you have to untwist string and cables.

If you only put twists in your cable the Cam rotation will change. Same with string.