PDA

View Full Version : Martin Threshold

merkeyp
08-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Hello all i have a martin threshold and i have had problems with my cable going past the set screw drawstop and getting stuck at full draw. i just put a new string and cable on after bass pro messed my original string and cable up while trying to put it back on. It is wearing really bad on my cable where it comes in contact with the string stop. Is there anything i can do to fix the over draw problem. i have read that you can put a washer under the set screw to make it stick out farther. any help is greatly appreciated.

Montalaar
08-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Could you please post us a photo? I cannot believe that the draw stop is causing this problem? Is it possible that you have massive cam lean or a not properly setup bow?

Btw:
The HowTo at Bowsite is quite scary. I would NEVER use glue on my string.

Spiker
08-25-2010, 05:00 AM
I am thinking the same.! Something is not right with how it is setup.
Maybe the cable guard rod is set where it is pulling the cables way too far over.??
Some pics would be really good.

Montalaar
08-25-2010, 05:20 AM
If someone is interested i could make a how to for small servings as they re used to fix the peep or a kisser. But that is just by the way (if someone wnats it.. just tell me to do it).

The Drawstop should not touch the cable in any way!

Spiker
08-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Hmmm... The problem may be that the draw stop is too short and not actually stopping the bow letting the cam over rotate and cause the cable damage when it rubs over the end of the module. Someone referenced a washer under it which may actually work.
Does the stop contact the limb and stop the draw or will it let you pull past it?
Also is the stop adjusted so that it stops the cam rotation before the cables run off the end of the module?

Montalaar
08-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Hey folks.

While researching about the Advantage i fell over one maybe important thing. The Treshold has no Martin Cam isntalled. We do not know if the Draw stop has to contact the limb or the cable or anything else..

bfisher
08-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Hey folks.

While researching about the Advantage i fell over one maybe important thing. The Treshold has no Martin Cam isntalled. We do not know if the Draw stop has to contact the limb or the cable or anything else..

As with a lot of these type questions a picture would be worth it's weight in gold.

tlyngrn
01-18-2012, 04:03 AM
I have had similar issues, I bought the Threshold back in Jan. 2010. I have replaced two strings on it. One broke on me on Draw during target practice. That is when I noticed the draw stop hitting the string. It wore the string an it gave away. It was rubbing the string on draw. I placed a washer under the stop bolt and it hits the string straight on now and doesnt rub it. I placed some medical tape on the string where it contacts it. I have had no problems since then. I am sure there is a deaper problem but with my inexperience I dont know. Does Martin have a fix for it?

bfisher
01-18-2012, 05:11 AM
I have had similar issues, I bought the Threshold back in Jan. 2010. I have replaced two strings on it. One broke on me on Draw during target practice. That is when I noticed the draw stop hitting the string. It wore the string an it gave away. It was rubbing the string on draw. I placed a washer under the stop bolt and it hits the string straight on now and doesnt rub it. I placed some medical tape on the string where it contacts it. I have had no problems since then. I am sure there is a deaper problem but with my inexperience I dont know. Does Martin have a fix for it?

As mentioned to the OP way back when, can you post a picture or pictures?

tlyngrn
01-19-2012, 04:42 AM
Hmmm... The problem may be that the draw stop is too short and not actually stopping the bow letting the cam over rotate and cause the cable damage when it rubs over the end of the module. Someone referenced a washer under it which may actually work.
Does the stop contact the limb and stop the draw or will it let you pull past it?
Also is the stop adjusted so that it stops the cam rotation before the cables run off the end of the module?

I placed a thin aluminum washer under the head of the draw stop becuase it was rubbing the string. I had one brake on draw one time because of the wear. It pushed the head of the stop just enough that it did not cause anymore issues, but it still contacts the string causing it to wear in that contact area. It will eventually be a problem so you have to constantly inspect the contact are on the string to look for any wear or frays on the string. I placed some medical tape on the contact area and used a black marker on the tape to help eliminate the premature wear.

tlyngrn
01-19-2012, 04:51 AM
Hello all i have a martin threshold and i have had problems with my cable going past the set screw drawstop and getting stuck at full draw. i just put a new string and cable on after bass pro messed my original string and cable up while trying to put it back on. It is wearing really bad on my cable where it comes in contact with the string stop. Is there anything i can do to fix the over draw problem. i have read that you can put a washer under the set screw to make it stick out farther. any help is greatly appreciated.

I had this same issue, Someone with a longer draw then I pulled back my bow and it did the same thing. It was stuck at full Draw. I aslo had a string break becuase of the wear. In another one of the other posts I said that placing a thin aluminum washer under the head of the cam stop will acutally allow the string to contact the stop evenly so that the string doesnt just contact the side of the stop and rub the string, and go past the stop and get stuck at full draw. I placed some medical tape on the contact spot and used a marker to subdue it, this way the wear isnt as bad. I know that this cant be a permanent fix but until we get some pics on here for the pros to look at it will do! I will work on getting some.

tlyngrn
01-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Could you please post us a photo? I cannot believe that the draw stop is causing this problem? Is it possible that you have massive cam lean or a not properly setup bow?

Btw:
The HowTo at Bowsite is quite scary. I would NEVER use glue on my string.

Here is a picture of the string against the cam at full draw 28.5 inch draw

bfisher
01-21-2012, 01:10 PM
I'd like to see a view from the end, meaning showing the back of the limb. First thing I see is that I honestly believe the draw stop is backwards (on the wrong side), but I need some more views to see for sure.

tlyngrn
01-22-2012, 12:11 PM

The cam stop bolt is where it was when I purchased. I moved it to the 28 inch draw, and added a washer to keep the strip from rubbing it!

droppixel
01-22-2012, 12:32 PM
I think that last picture it definitely looks like the stop is on the wrong side. The stop should come up against the limb when you are at full draw from what I know.

tlyngrn
01-22-2012, 01:00 PM
I just tried it and the stop bolt is not long enough to go through and put the nut on the other side! It could be the wrong bolt and nut. The Threshold cam chart shows a cross tip or philips head bolt on it! Dont know!!

droppixel
01-22-2012, 03:41 PM
I just tried it and the stop bolt is not long enough to go through and put the nut on the other side! It could be the wrong bolt and nut. The Threshold cam chart shows a cross tip or philips head bolt on it! Dont know!!

That is probably the next step to look into. I'm sure others will know for sure when they see the photos.

bfisher
01-22-2012, 05:21 PM
This is a different stop from what the rest of us are used to seeing. The nut is in a slot and that seems normal. I can only surmise that Martin means for the head of the cap screw to butt against the cable when the bow is drawn. I've never liked such a system because it's not as solid as those that butt against the limb.

Being as you have the pictures you could call the warranty dept and talk to Joel and see what he has to say.

I'll tell you what I'd do if it were my bow. I'd switch the whole thing around and see if the nut would rub anything (cable?) when drawn. If there is nothing bad there I'd order Martin's draw stop for all the other cams and mount it with the nut on the inside and the stop collar so it butts against the limb on the left side of the cam. Of course you'd have to have somebody look when you darw the bow to make sure the slot would line up accordingly before even ordering the draw stop. I know I'd figure something out.

tlyngrn
01-23-2012, 08:26 AM
This is a different stop from what the rest of us are used to seeing. The nut is in a slot and that seems normal. I can only surmise that Martin means for the head of the cap screw to butt against the cable when the bow is drawn. I've never liked such a system because it's not as solid as those that butt against the limb.

Being as you have the pictures you could call the warranty dept and talk to Joel and see what he has to say.

I'll tell you what I'd do if it were my bow. I'd switch the whole thing around and see if the nut would rub anything (cable?) when drawn. If there is nothing bad there I'd order Martin's draw stop for all the other cams and mount it with the nut on the inside and the stop collar so it butts against the limb on the left side of the cam. Of course you'd have to have somebody look when you darw the bow to make sure the slot would line up accordingly before even ordering the draw stop. I know I'd figure something out.

It wouldnt be such a problem if there was more technical data on the bow and the CAMS. With the lack there of makes it complicated. I will contact them maybe they have the correct cam stop bolt for it and the technical spec's showing the correct way to install it!! And oh by the way I appreciate your help. :)

tlyngrn
01-23-2012, 08:32 AM
It wouldnt be such a problem if there was more technical data on the bow and the CAMS. With the lack there of makes it complicated. I will contact them maybe they have the correct cam stop bolt for it and the technical spec's showing the correct way to install it!! And oh by the way I appreciate your help. :)

It would be nice if Mr. Joel could read the forum and me not have to recreate the wheel so to speak. I would for him like to read the forum. Maybe does anyone have his email?

gravedigger
01-23-2012, 08:37 AM
It would be nice if Mr. Joel could read the forum and me not have to recreate the wheel so to speak. I would for him like to read the forum. Maybe does anyone have his email?

i dont not know the email,but you could send joelc a PM or call them or send a fax
joelc does come on sometime just to make sure thing are running good.

Postal Address:
3134 Heritage Rd.
Walla Walla, WA 99362
USA

Phone & Fax:
Phone: 509.529.2554
Fax: 509.529.2186

tlyngrn
01-23-2012, 09:17 AM
i dont not know the email,but you could send joelc a PM or call them or send a fax
joelc does come on sometime just to make sure thing are running good.

Postal Address:
3134 Heritage Rd.
Walla Walla, WA 99362
USA

Phone & Fax:
Phone: 509.529.2554
Fax: 509.529.2186

Thanks I got him on the phone a little while ago, they are going to fix my issue for me!!

bfisher
01-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Thanks I got him on the phone a little while ago, they are going to fix my issue for me!!

When it's fixed would you please let us know just what was done? It would help us help others in the future.

It would seem that Joel is on the forums right now so maybe we'll hear from him.