PDA

View Full Version : noise

here kitty kitty
08-26-2010, 09:16 AM
love my new cheetah but im getting noise from upper half of bow ive put onlimb savers on with no changes any ideas?

Montalaar
08-26-2010, 09:26 AM
What kind of noise and at which moment during the shot?

bfisher
08-26-2010, 10:55 AM
love my new cheetah but im getting noise from upper half of bow ive put onlimb savers on with no changes any ideas?

Hey, welcome to the Tech Forums. Try this. Hold the bow by the gripin one hand and hit the riser near the upper rotocup with the palm of your hand and listen for any rattles or other unusual noise. Try to track it down this way.

Could be in the sight or quiver if you have one on. Check every nut, bolt, screw or washer that you can see.

here kitty kitty
08-26-2010, 12:28 PM
the noise happens soon as the arrow leaves the bow, i took quiver off with no change and all bolts have been checked even the ones under the martin sticker. but ill try what you suggested and let you know . i was thinking of trying a ccs instead of the regular cable guard not for thenoise but as an upgrade what do you think?

bfisher
08-26-2010, 05:02 PM
What do I think? Well, I have a bow with the cable rod/slide and I have one with the CCS. Leave the rod/slide on it. That's my opinion. I've got an Alien Z with CCS and am considering changing it to a slide. The CCS pulls the cables too far to the side, creating more sie torque and unnecessary clearance for the fletching.

One source of noise that pops up with these bows is if the string stretches and the cam gets over rotated. Noise usually comes from excess vibration. Has yours started giving you a little more hand shock? Measure how much string groove is left where the string comes off the bottom cam. There should be about 3/8" to 1/2" left.

Destroyer
08-26-2010, 07:37 PM
STS or catwiskers on?

elkslayer4x5
08-27-2010, 06:51 AM
Might check the E clips on the ends of the cam axle, they can "buzz" if they're loose enough. :confused:

here kitty kitty
08-27-2010, 07:02 AM
it has sts dampener . i did find e clip loose now it quiet as a church mouse thank all for in put

Destroyer
08-27-2010, 09:42 PM
I put a drop of hot melt on the little buggers, that way they I won't loose one and they are quiet. :)

bfisher
08-28-2010, 11:22 AM
I put a drop of hot melt on the little buggers, that way they I won't loose one and they are quiet. :)

Have never thought about the hot-melt glue. Not a bad idea.

Destroyer
08-29-2010, 04:08 AM
Its not bad, very easy to remove. Use to epoxy them, held better but was a bit more difficult to remove. Super glue would work as well. :)

Spiker
08-29-2010, 10:31 AM
I just use clear silicone.

Destroyer
08-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Silicone? good idea. Extra vibration dampening! :cool:

bfisher
08-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Clear silicon? You mean they don't have it in camo colors yet?????????

I'm telling you. We have a very innovative bunch of yahoos here. Good work guys.