PDA

View Full Version : Firecat blew up

Rangerj
08-27-2010, 08:21 PM
My 2010 Firecat TR2 come apart today, I have had this bow 39 days.As I dtrew back today to shoot it come apart. I know Martin will make it right, it still makes me mad I only had less than 300 shots on this bow.

gibson 787
08-27-2010, 08:51 PM
it come apart.

Sorry to hear that! Tell me, what actually came apart, limb broke, or string?

oncechance
08-28-2010, 05:38 AM
It would be nice that when people posts concerns with their new equipment that all the specifics are addressed. I know you may be upset but be more specific as to what went wrong, istead of posting my "bow blew up" or "come apart". We need more information.

Rangerj
08-28-2010, 07:54 AM
It would be nice that when people posts concerns with their new equipment that all the specifics are addressed. I know you may be upset but be more specific as to what went wrong, istead of posting my "bow blew up" or "come apart". We need more information.
Well excuse me,I didn't mean to push your buttons!!! The bottom limb snapped at the axle.And then it came apart.

Montalaar
08-28-2010, 08:36 AM
At the AXLE? Now that is new to us...

Did the axle flip out? What happened to those buttons that should stop the limb from snapping at that point?

Rangerj
08-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Let me try again, I was shooting my bow yesterday afternoon after about 30 shots or so when I drew back to shoot again the bottom limb split where the cam is attached.The hole where the cam was attached was split in the center or near center. I thought the cam was attached by an axle but I must have my terminology wrong.The arrow was still nocked but the string was cut in a few places. I called the dealer and will get it repaired soon.Maybe I did better this time.And I couldn't find the buttons anywhere(lol)

Destroyer
08-29-2010, 05:13 AM
That is nasty.

gibson 787
08-29-2010, 01:02 PM
I drew back to shoot again the bottom limb split where the cam is attached

Tell me Rangerj, right at the very ends of the limbs close to where the axles go through, are there any rivets there. Their purpose is to prevent what occurred with your bow, ie to reinforce the limb, All limbs with Cat Cams should have them.

Rangerj
08-29-2010, 01:06 PM
No Sir,There are no rivets.Thank for your kind reply.

dragonsfire311
08-29-2010, 01:07 PM
did it make any unusual noise on any of the shots before it failed?

gibson 787
08-29-2010, 01:22 PM
No Sir,There are no rivets.Thank for your kind reply.

I guess that could be the problem then, the bow had the wrong limbs fitted to it.

Rangerj
08-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Yes,It made a metallic (clink)sound near full draw I checked and tightened all the screws. Found none loose approx 7-8 shots later the limb split,The arrow was still nocked and the bottom cam was swinging by the string.The axle and clips were still in one piece.Hope this helps.Thanks

Rangerj
08-29-2010, 02:14 PM
I guess that could be the problem then, the bow had the wrong limbs fitted to it.

Thank you I will ask the Dealer about this.

gibson 787
08-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Thank you I will ask the Dealer about this

Keep an open mind on this one Rangerj, wrong limbs may not be Martins fault. As you know there are two Firecats, TR2 with Cat Cams, as you have and TR1, which is a single cam bow and does not have the reinforcing rivets.

Sometimes bowshop (dealers) switch limbs on bows to get a quick sale for a customer who may have wanted that particular bow but with a different limb weight. In other words, there may have been a Firecat TR1 limb switch with a Firecat TR2.

I know this happens, because it happened to me!

Good luck and I'm sure you'll end up with a great bow.

Rangerj
08-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Keep an open mind on this one Rangerj, wrong limbs may not be Martins fault. As you know there are two Firecats, TR2 with Cat Cams, as you have and TR1, which is a single cam bow and does not have the reinforcing rivets.

Sometimes bowshop (dealers) switch limbs on bows to get a quick sale for a customer who may have wanted that particular bow but with a different limb weight. In other words, there may have been a Firecat TR1 limb switch with a Firecat TR2.

I know this happens, because it happened to me!

Good luck and I'm sure you'll end up with a great bow.

Thank you again for your reply. I had to order my bow from the dealer and would like to think he didn't swap anything, but you never know. I will see him Monday.Thanks again.