PDA

View Full Version : Pantera nitrous troubles

killamoney76
08-28-2010, 09:22 PM
just had some wide axles put on my '07 Pantera nitrous X to get more vane clearance. got it back from the pro shop and my top cam's bottom edge is leaning to the left, the bottom cam is perfectly straight. what seems to be the problem?? bent axle? bent riser? not enough twists in one of the cables?????

DonsHarley
08-29-2010, 03:54 AM
Measure the ATA to see which side is out of spec then add or remove a 1/2 twist at a time till it's right. You can do this without a press by squeezing the cable thats the right length toward the riser with one hand. It will put enough slack in the opposite cable to remove it.

bfisher
08-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Measure the ATA to see which side is out of spec then add or remove a 1/2 twist at a time till it's right. You can do this without a press by squeezing the cable thats the right length toward the riser with one hand. It will put enough slack in the opposite cable to remove it.

One of the many virtues of the X cams.

killamoney76
08-29-2010, 01:38 PM
i dont know why its like this with the wider axles, but when i had the standard axles on both cams were spot on.

bfisher
08-29-2010, 05:19 PM
i dont know why its like this with the wider axles, but when i had the standard axles on both cams were spot on.

Who did the work? maybe a twist or two got added or removed fom one of the cables. Depending on how much they were already twisted it wouldn't take much.

killamoney76
08-29-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm a newbie when it comes to this type of system but DonsHarley's tip did the trick!!! I wasn't aware that the cables were adjustable without a bow press. I LOVE THIS BOW!!! Back to normal and shootin knat nards at 50+, I also really like these 2" Fusion vanes!

killamoney76
08-29-2010, 05:55 PM
i thought the pro shop bent something!! i was so close to going back and make a scene! glad i didnt. LOL

Destroyer
08-30-2010, 03:40 AM
Very lucky then. :D