PDA

View Full Version : Shoot Thru Sight Window

killamoney76
08-29-2010, 06:14 PM
wich sight does any shoot thru bow owner reccommend for hunting and some occasional 3d shoots? My current is an HHA adjustable but still having the problem of the cables obscuring the sight window (left cables) is there a remedy for this? i've tried adjusting everything to no end and no luck.

DonsHarley
08-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Are you looking for a single pin or multiple?

killamoney76
08-29-2010, 08:01 PM
looking for a .019" single pin sight.

DonsHarley
08-30-2010, 04:11 AM
I have a Sword Titan on my Shadowcat with a .10 pin for spots but they are available in .19.

elkslayer4x5
08-30-2010, 07:43 AM
All of my bows are the same as you describe, left cable visable in scope, I ignore it, any sight you get will have the same effect, that left cable will still be to the left of your pin. Nothing wrong with your sight. As you can see in my signature, thats what I use. Have'nt seen or tried a Sword, but have heard good things. Although, its pretty hard to switch from the "moveable sight of the year for six stright years". And I hear that their CS is as good as Martin's is. :cool:

killamoney76
08-30-2010, 09:16 AM
well i guess i'll stick with what i got. thanx for the info.

bfisher
08-30-2010, 09:32 AM
As already said, it doesn't matter what sight or kind of sight you get. Your bow is set up a certain way and to hit your point of aim the pin has to be in the same location. That means as it is now the cables will be in some part of the sight picture.

There may be a partial solution. If you don't already have them installed you could get a set of longer axles. This would spread the cables a little more, moving the left ones farther left.

The other is moving the rest to the right ever so slightly, maybe 1/16". The tune might not be changed much but would allow you to move the sight to the right also