PDA

View Full Version : Martin Bengal CCS and Cam

wheels0813
08-30-2010, 05:44 AM
Hello,
I have just started shooting my 2008 Bengal a lot. I have already noticed the string fraying some at the CCS. Also, the string is clearly rubbing more against one side of the cam?
I know I have read some on the forum about this before. I'm looking for some tech advice or a refresher on this topic.
I bought the bow last fall as a total package, so all I've done is sight it in.
Not sure what I can do about this or if it's something that I shouldn't be too concerned about?

thanks for any help,
gw

oncechance
08-30-2010, 06:11 AM
I would get the area where the cable is running thru the CCS served and also serve the string that rolls over the idler wheel.

wheels0813
08-31-2010, 08:25 AM
Thanks onechance..
I appreciate the advice..
seems like there has to be something causing the misalignment though..
check out the pics.

Ehunter
08-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Wheels, I would get that string replaced. That's more than just a bit of fraying to me. I'd also check the cams for a rough edge hiding somewhere when you have the string off. There's gotta be something snagging that somewhere. If you find a burr on the cam or CCS, just sand it down with some 600-800 grit paper, or an emery board. That should solve your problem. I just bought a new string and cables from H&M for my Firecat, and it was only $45, shipping included. Everything was served where it should be, and a very nice set of strings overall. Took about 2 weeks from the day I ordered them until they showed up. Pretty good turn around, good price, and great product. Can't ask for more.

Coop
08-31-2010, 12:33 PM
also need to get the lean out of the idler wheel , by twisted your yoke cable on one side.

Coop