PDA

View Full Version : Shadowcat Hybrix Cam Modules

NeilM
09-01-2010, 09:50 AM
I've just bought myself a used Shadowcat with Barnsdale limbs and Winners Choice strings. I bought it from the US and it arrived here in the UK today.

That's the good news. The bad news is that the lower cam module is damaged, with part of the track cracked and pushed out through a gap in the cam. This damage has also damaged the end serving on the string, but not so badly that it cannot be used.

So, does anyone have a pair of Hybrix modules that will fit the CAT cams that they would be prepared to sell me? Or are there alternative modules that will fit? Also, what is likely to have caused this damage?

I will be sending a message to the seller regarding this, but I suspect I already know the answer :mad:

Montalaar
09-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Can you post a pic? I just cannot imagine what has happened.

You should be able to get a set of modules for Hybrix or Cat-Cam (they are pretty the same) at any Martin shop. I am not sure if someone here has this as a spare part.

NeilM
09-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Here ya go:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj205/NeilM_photo/Archery%20Stuff/DSC_0092.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj205/NeilM_photo/Archery%20Stuff/DSC_0091.jpg

oncechance
09-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Looks like it had been dropped.

Montalaar
09-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Looks like more than dropped to me. Those modules are made out of aluminium and i drop them often... Looks like the whole bow dropped on that module.

NeilM
09-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Certainly the bow is well used, more so that the photos suggested, but it's here now, so I can refurbish it, if I can get a replacement module.

Can anyone PM me at contact at Martin that I can approach regarding modules?

Montalaar
09-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Call 509-529-2554 for their customer service. :)

southern outlaw
09-04-2010, 05:42 AM
That is the exact same thing that just happened to my lower cam module on my nemesis. How it happened is I let one of the screws get loose after I tightened it back down I inspected it and sure enough the module is bent just like yours. I was coming on here to see if anyone had a spare they could send out today if I paid with paypal. Here is a pic of mine on the cam.

NeilM
09-04-2010, 05:47 AM
That is the exact same thing that just happened to my lower cam module on my nemesis. How it happened is I let one of the screws get loose after I tightened it back down I inspected it and sure enough the module is bent just like yours. I was coming on here to see if anyone had a spare they could send out today if I paid with paypal.

WOW! When I did the same check I found exactly the same thing, that the screw nearest the damage was slightly loose. This is the thing that made me look closely at the cams.

I used to build engines for custom motorbikes and a few small race car's, so my mechanical sixth sense told me something was wrong. The pictures show what I found.

Good luck finding a module today.

NeilM
10-12-2010, 08:36 AM
It took a while, but my replacement modules have arrived. I got a pair of 3017 modules (as advised by Joan...thank you Joan) and the bow is now working the way it was designed to.

I have more tuning to do, and I must fit a peep with a much smaller aperture as at the moment it is like looking at my pins through a large round window! But after a first quick set up I have to say I am very pleased as the bow is fast, quiet, accurate and does not give my left shoulder a hard time like my Constitution has started to do (don't you just HATE getting older!).

Thanks to all who have offered help and advice.

Spiker
10-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Modules are listed in the 2011 catalog.
Page #47. Part #3017.

RobD
10-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Happy to see you have it ready to go. Have fun, Shadowcats are sweet bows.;)