PDA

View Full Version : Just installed a new peep sight and my bow got louder

Cy Abel
09-01-2010, 04:17 PM
I just replaced my tubed peep sight with a G5 meta 1/4'' peep sight on my Cougar. It has a 2004 riser with 2008 limbs, cables, and strings. When it had the tubed peep sight it was much quieter than what it is now. Since I put on the tubeless sight it has started to "buzz" when I shoot. It is quite a bit louder. Is there anything that I can do to fix this?

Bryan88
09-01-2010, 06:53 PM
I went from a tubeless peep to a tubed one and thought mine got quieter. But heres something to chew on, if you are used to the little slap of the rubber tube, you may not have noticed the string buzz as much. Now that you dont have that "slap" from the tube, maybe you can hear the string buzz a little better. Just an idea, Im no pro, but makes sence.

Destroyer
09-02-2010, 05:37 AM
The tube would take out some noise, a bit of vibration dampening. Using catwiskers? Personally think 1/4" is too big for the string, 3/16" is as large as I will go. If the peep has been tied in correctly, it shouldn't make anymore noise. Have you shot the bow without a peep?

b0w_bender
09-04-2010, 10:03 AM
yup I would say the rubber tube was sucking up a bunch of the vibration. add some string silencers and that should take care of it.