PDA

View Full Version : Limb numbers again....

ironsidegnr
09-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Sorry for touching on this subject again, but I'm confused.

I have an 2007 Bengal,
The sticker on the limbs reads 45 - 60Lbs draw.

But the number on the limb is "5-H" which should mean 75Lbs max.

Which is it??

The limbs look like they could be torqued down allot more than they are right now. I'm currently pulling 58Lbs.

Thanks

ironsidegnr

bfisher
09-02-2010, 04:42 PM
I checked all the spec charts from 2007 thru 2010 and only the 2010 tells anything about limb deflection. If it hold true back to 2007 then 5H limbs are to peak at 70#. Therefore I would deduce that either somebody built the bow with the wrong limbs or put the wrong sticker on those limbs.

Excuse me but I find a little humor in your question----"which is it?" Well, without being condescending I'll just say "It is what it is". If you bottom the limbs and the bow makes 70# or even a little more then the wrong sticker is on the limbs. Pure and simple.

NOW, did you buy the bow new? If so you've had the bow for how long and been shooting it, right? Why has it taken you so long to ask this? Seriously, if you want to shoot 58# or so then you should have 3H limbs on the bow. Any decent archery shop should have seen that the bow was not as marked.

ironsidegnr
09-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the response.

The bow was sent to me from Martin to replace a Sabre that had a catastrophic failure shortly after I bought it. My Sabre had a 60Lbs maximum when I bought it. When I got my new Bengal, I saw the 60Lbs max sticker, and set it to 58Lbs, just like my Sabre was setup.

I never thought to research the limbs that were attached to it. I just assumed that the sticker contained the correct information. I never tried to increase my draw weight past what I thought was it's maximum. I only noticed now because I was shopping for new limbs so that I could increase my draw weight and found a chart explaining the limb numbering system.

So I just thought I'd clarify before I started cranking my limbs down just in case.

bfisher
09-02-2010, 05:30 PM
OK, I found your explanation quite plausible. See? Now you got down to the nitty gritty. Keeping it short and sweet? You can safely bottom the imbs if you like. They should make 70#. However, do your shoulders a favor and do it a few pounds at a time over a month or more. Have fun. Need any more help just give us a yell.