PDA

View Full Version : Limbs???

killamoney76
09-03-2010, 06:35 PM
what are limbs with 6L printed on them rated at? these are my Pantera limbs and just wondering!

Destroyer
09-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Probably the draw weight your bow is rated at, whatever is written on the sticker & 5# heavier than 5L's. ;)

elkslayer4x5
09-04-2010, 06:08 AM
Upon the riser geometry, For instance, my 06 Slayer has 4H 14" magnum limbs, peaks @ 62 lbs, have 3H 14" magnum limbs on the twin ( other 06 Slayer) and she peaks at 57 lbs. Seems that the Bow Cam Charts are currently unavaible, or I'd tell you to go there and find your riser and limb numbers. Anyone know when the charts will be back up ? :confused:
Your 6L's would be about 68 #s on my Slayer riser. Does that help any? :)

bfisher
09-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Upon the riser geometry, For instance, my 06 Slayer has 4H 14" magnum limbs, peaks @ 62 lbs, have 3H 14" magnum limbs on the twin ( other 06 Slayer) and she peaks at 57 lbs. Seems that the Bow Cam Charts are currently unavaible, or I'd tell you to go there and find your riser and limb numbers. Anyone know when the charts will be back up ? :confused:
Your 6L's would be about 68 #s on my Slayer riser. Does that help any? :)

The bow cam charts are available on Martin's website, but they don't all show what limbs give what draw weights.

killamoney76
09-04-2010, 02:55 PM
asking because the originals were replaced with higher poundage limbs. the limbs i have: one says Martin and the and the other says Pantera each have 6L in white on them the sticker on the lower limb it looks like somebody sharpie markered over the original markings and i can longer read it. the bow number is most important to me and all i can make out is the first number wich is 0

bfisher
09-04-2010, 06:06 PM
I had a 2007 Pantera, NitrousX. I don't remember the details of the bow, but I ordered it to peak at 55#. I believe it had 3M limbs on it, but am not sure. However, using bow logic and Martin's numbering system each successive number increases draw weight by 5#. So going from a #3M to a #6L would mean about 13# more. So just rounding things out the bow should peak at about 70#.

Best way to find out is to put it on a bow scale with the limbs bottomed and see what it gets.

Destroyer
09-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Best way to find out is to put it on a bow scale with the limbs bottomed and see what it gets.

Only way really. My new limbs, 7H's should have given 75# peak but ended up at 80#. 5H was 65# peak so it all come down to deflection angles, limbs and riser.

Like bfisher said, around 70# would be a good guess. :)

the originals were replaced with higher poundage limbs

Why?