PDA

View Full Version : new here !!

will750
09-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi everyone !!

I'M a new owner of a used Firecat tr2 2010 . I bought this bow for hunting and maybe 3D tournment. I have owned around 20 bows but never a MARTIN bow.
I have a PSE Vendetta xl and some guys told me I did a mistake with this Firecat.
I've shot around 300 arrows and like it so much.
the only complain is the "smack"(sound) when fired.

thanks for answering

Will

Montalaar
09-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Welcome to the Techforum, Will.

I am pretty sure that this was not a mistake. If you get used to the Cams and take some time to play with it you will see that it is a great bow.

Can you locate the smack-sound?

will750
09-04-2010, 01:29 PM
It looks like the sound comes from the cams. the sound looks like if I was under 5 gpi.....but i use a beman 400 with 100 gr. field tip and there's new buss cable on it but the string is the original one.

thanks

Montalaar
09-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Check if the screws are all tightened down.
Check also your ATA and BH.

Other users may have more experience with this bow and can give you more suggestions..

Ehunter
09-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Will, congrats on the Firecat. They are great bows, and shoot really well. I have an '09. I had a similar smack noise, and I added a limbsaver "insulator strip" to the outside of the CCS, deadened it alot. Another place I found a bit of noise was the cam modules. Depending on what settings you use, there can be alot of "overhang" past the screws. I took a very short piece of serving, and slid underneath the "overhang", and that silenced it alot as well. Hope this might help! Welcome to the Forum!

will750
09-04-2010, 03:21 PM
My screws are tightten very well but will check them again
I appreciate the good service this forum give ,....

I think I will love this bow and... company

Will